Cloth Diapering

How do you store poopy diapers before wash?

I do laundry every other day. If he poops on a day I'm not doing laundry I can't find a good place to store the diaper without making the whole room smell like baby poop!

I've tried a pail with Pul liner, PlanetWise wet bag, rinsing in the toilet, etc.

What do you do with poopy dipes while you wait to wash? 

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
"Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
My IF-turned-baby blog

Re: How do you store poopy diapers before wash?

• I've never smelt poop using my pail or just a wet bag, don't know what to tell you....My pail has a slot for a deodorizer disk, maybe get a clip on pail deodorizer to help absorb some of the smell?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I just toss them in with the the other diapers. I have a trash can with a lid as a diaper pail, so that keeps the smell contained pretty well. My spossie friends put their extra stinky diapers in ziplock baggies before throwing them in the trash. You could do the same thing with wet bags. Maybe get a couple small ones to put each poopy diaper in. You'll just have to remember to take them out when you put everything in the wash. 

photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you leave your pail/wetbag open or closed?

I always left mine open for airflow to the diapers and never have had a smell of any kind.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I have 6 wet bags so I put the poopy diapers in one and then when it's wash time I throw the wet bag in with the diapers as well.
  • Pre-solids, we just threw them in the pail (with a Planet Wise pail liner), lid off. Never had a problem with smell.

Now that he's on solids, we spray in the toilet then toss in the pail, lid off. Again, no problem with smell.

• Same as above poster, and no smell, I usually spray it with Bac Out too, and leave the lid open.
  • imageInto+the+Kitty:

Do you leave your pail/wetbag open or closed?

I always left mine open for airflow to the diapers and never have had a smell of any kind.

Same here.  I have a big drawstring closure wet bag that's clipped to a Command strip hook.  We leave it open so that it's easy to just drop in the dirty diapers during a change. He's EBF, which may have something to do with it, but I've not noticed a smell problem.  We usually wash every other day.

• Thanks ladies! I've tried open and closed wet bag. We are still pre-solids. Maybe I'm just super sensitive to the smell!

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"