Late Term and Child Loss

An Exact Replica... Book

I just finished An Exact Replica of a Figment of my Imagination and I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to those of you who haven't read it yet.

It is a memoir of someone's own experience after the loss of their child. It is honest and painful to read at times because I could relate to the experience. She wrote so eloquently about things that I too had experienced or that I am currently experiencing. Just a heads up that she does mention her rainbow in the book too. I found it to be one of the better books that I have read relating to child loss.

Re: An Exact Replica... Book

• I am in the middle of the book and don't want it to end.  It has vocalized sooooo many things I have been feeling and has really helped me.  It's funny because I find myself laughing on one page and crying the next.  It really is a must read for later loss/stillbirth ladies.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• I read it too and really enjoyed it. That book helped me a lot. It also gave me hope. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial ticker
    Due with baby boy # 2 in May 2016
    DD #1 born January 2014

• Loading the player...
  • There were parts of that book which read as though I was reading my own thoughts transcribed.  The only part I didn't agree with was in regards to their rainbow.  

I bought things and planned, picked names, decorated, and did all sorts of things for Eleanor.  I put all of her clothes in drawers anticipating her arrival; I spent scads of money and time finding the perfect crib bedding which was discontinued.  I planned for all sorts of things and had lots of hopes and dreams for what our lives would be together.  And even though I won't get to live any of those hopes or dreams, I'm not sorry I did any of those things, and I plan on doing them all over again if we're lucky enough to get pregnant again.  Yes, I'll probably be more worried, and more careful.  But I don't think I could do what they did and not talk about names or buy anything, or plan a nursery.  Most of the time I had with Eleanor was while I was pregnant and doing all of that planning and hoping.  I feel like if I denied a future baby all of that, it would be like denying all that I did for her too.  And I was able to do so little for her, everything I did do is that much more important.  Instead of fearing to attach myself to a future baby, I hope I can cherish my pregnancy even more; value every day even more.  Because now I know that that infinite future I dream of isn't guaranteed, and that makes the time I do have all the more special.   

Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I love that book. Read it twice.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • After someone recommended it on this board, I bought it and read it in two sittings. So much of what she wrote were the same thoughts and feelings that I experienced.

BFP #1 12.24.07 - DD born @ 39w1d on 08.26.08
    BFP #2 08.04.11 - DD born still @ 37w3d on 03.25.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TTC #3 since May 2012

BFP #3 12.29.12 - CP @ 4w2d on 01.02.13
    BFP #4 10.17.13 - CP @ 4w2d on 10.23.13

BFP #5 04.06.14 - MMC 05.07.14

No longer trying to conceive.

image    http://oi40.tinypic.com/15czrid.jpg     image

• I just blogged about this book. I read it the weekend before last in less than 24hrs. It's the first book about stillbirth I have read, and I'm glad I did (although I wouldn't have been ready before now). I'm already thinking about re-reading it soon.
  • I think I will buy it on our Kindle and have it for when I'm ready. I just read her introduction to a book called They Were Still Born. It was heartbreaking but had some really powerful messages. 

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"