Blended Families

some light in the darkness

is so it is my ex husbands year for winter break and unfortunately it fell on my week off so I'm going to go 3 and a half weeks without seeing my daughter. So I volunteered for her Valentines Day party at school. And during her lunch I took her out to McDonald's with me and got to talk to her for half hour. I brought her back just in time so she could play at recess. I was so nervous checking her out of school but I am her parent to. I have legal custody too.it's amazing how much the little things matter when you don't have your child with you at all times. This was some light in all the darkness of the situation and even though I don't get to see her for such a long time she knows her mama cares about her and loves her and is going to miss her.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: some light in the darkness

• Why were you nervous? And if ex took her out of school on your time without telling you would you be ok with it? I cannot tell if you were being sneaky.

I am glad you got to see her and I hope you also realize how it might be for him too.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Did your ex know you were taking her? I think it's pretty crappy of him to make you go that long without seeing your child. I would never do that. :-(
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • Loading the player...
  • 3.5 weeks is als a long time for a little girl to go with out seeing her mom. Maybe he'd let you take her to dinner one night a week?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagelb1212:
    3.5 weeks is als a long time for a little girl to go with out seeing her mom. Maybe he'd let you take her to dinner one night a week?

And offer the same, maybe a verbal agreement that every Wednesday the other parent gets two or three hours with the child but the child is to be fed by the other parent and have homework that is due the following day completed or allow time at whichever home for doing homework before or after dinner.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Have you asked your ex about having a day or two in those 3 1/2 weeks? Our schedules with holidays have also had this same scenario although the relationship isn't always good DH his ex will give each other a couple days so SD doesn't go that long without seeing the other parent. It's worth asking about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"