Blended Families

Custody Appeal Update

We received notice yesterday that BM`s appeal was denied! So relieved!
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

Re: Custody Appeal Update

• Woohoo! Congrats!! Really happy for your family!!
  • So glad!  I was hoping it would go that way!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, Banana do you know if she has any other steps she could take from here or is it done since her appeal was rejected?
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Her appeal can be moved to the next level - but the lawyer would have to be smoking crack to even attempt that.  An appeal that was denied at appellate level is not going to receive even a look from superior level.

My  best guess (and I'm getting good at BSC behavior) is that she is going to file a contempt charge soon.  It will be for something ridiculous, and most likely won't be contempt - but she will never accept losing in court.  

The sad part is - it just wastes time and money.  But crazy normally stays crazy.  I hope you can get at least a few peaceful months  so you can bring in new baby and relax a little.  But I find that our BM goes wacky crazy any time we made a life step (marriage, each birth, etc.) so your pregnancy could have her going bonkers.

Good luck!  And I seriously hope you have some calm.  We are probably going back to court after 3 years and I can't stand it.  Waste of time, money, energy!

• imageBanana44:

Her appeal can be moved to the next level - but the lawyer would have to be smoking crack to even attempt that.  An appeal that was denied at appellate level is not going to receive even a look from superior level.

My  best guess (and I'm getting good at BSC behavior) is that she is going to file a contempt charge soon.  It will be for something ridiculous, and most likely won't be contempt - but she will never accept losing in court.  

The sad part is - it just wastes time and money.  But crazy normally stays crazy.  I hope you can get at least a few peaceful months  so you can bring in new baby and relax a little.  But I find that our BM goes wacky crazy any time we made a life step (marriage, each birth, etc.) so your pregnancy could have her going bonkers.

Good luck!  And I seriously hope you have some calm.  We are probably going back to court after 3 years and I can't stand it.  Waste of time, money, energy!

Yeah we have figured as much. We have also figured that we will have to file contempt on her sometime because she tries to get out of following the CO any chance she gets but my DH is having none of that. When you got your CO did the judge leave it up to you guys to flesh out the CO? Ours did so I think we may have to file for a hearing to decide all the details such as pickup times, holiday times and what not. 

I hope we can have some peace for awhile too. I keep hoping that co-parenting is gonna help but we will see since she is dragging her feet on that even though it is court ordered.

• Our CO is over 40 pages long and has every single thing mapped out.  Literally - exact dates and times for exchanges.  

The parents are so horrible that the counselor from CCES specifically said that the dates and times needed to be specified or the fighting would never end.  And I swear that BM still tries to find every loop hole possible.

The latest is that she is mad at our vacation time and says she was already planning our first weekend of vacation as her last.  But, since we followed the custody order and told her vacation dates first, she can't block our vacation.  So what does she do??  She says the CO says we have to pick up SS for vacation - ut doesn't say where so we can get him in the OBX.  Seriously?  So, back to court we go!  Its always something.  And we have bent over backwards to avoid court these last 3 years - but I am not jeopardizing my Disney vacation!

If you ever want to know specifics - let me know.  I'll share my CO with you over e-mail. 

• I am relieved as well, Cole, congrats!  You hear so many crazy things happening, I was worried something would go array.  Congrats again!!
    If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • Thank you ladies!

• imageBanana44:

Our CO is over 40 pages long and has every single thing mapped out.  Literally - exact dates and times for exchanges.  

The parents are so horrible that the counselor from CCES specifically said that the dates and times needed to be specified or the fighting would never end.  And I swear that BM still tries to find every loop hole possible.

The latest is that she is mad at our vacation time and says she was already planning our first weekend of vacation as her last.  But, since we followed the custody order and told her vacation dates first, she can't block our vacation.  So what does she do??  She says the CO says we have to pick up SS for vacation - ut doesn't say where so we can get him in the OBX.  Seriously?  So, back to court we go!  Its always something.  And we have bent over backwards to avoid court these last 3 years - but I am not jeopardizing my Disney vacation!

If you ever want to know specifics - let me know.  I'll share my CO with you over e-mail. 

Thanks that would be awesome so we have an idea of where to start.

• That is such great news, congrats!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"