TTC After a Loss

::possible bfp:: Anyone ever "test out" your trigger - specifically Ovidrel?

I've done some half-life calculations on Ovidrel to determine when it might be out of my system.  But I am curious as to some real-life scenarios.  If you've taken Ovidrel before, did you ever "test it out" of your system to see how long it stayed?

I took the trigger, Ovidrel, last Monday at noon.  Today is 9dpt.

Yesterday evening I took a HPT to see if it was out of my system, but I don't think it is yet b/c the HPT was positive.  I was about 8.5dpt last night, but 7 dpo.

This afternoon I took another HPT, at 9dpt and 8dpo, and it was still positive.  

I'm going to do another test with FMU in the morn (9dpo), simply b/c I think it'd be cool to get a positive on Valentine's day, but also b/c I have to go to the lab anyway for P4 blood draw. But even if I got a + in the morn, I don't think I'd trust it - I would still think it's the trigger.

ETA: edited the title - added and rearranged order

My Ovulation Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2009: irregular cycles
BFP 1/20/10, EDD 9/28/10, born 10/5/10

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:
BFP 2/8/12, MC @ 5 weeks; BFP 3/22/12, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks; BFP 9/10/12, MC @ 6 weeks

Started seeing RE Nov 2012. Chromosomal test and all other tests came back "normal". Unexplained MCs. Found mild hytpothyroidism. Two unmedicated cycles, both BFNs. First medicated cycle (clomid, ovidrel) 1/23/13. Low progesterone found during 9DPO P4 test = 7.6. Put on prometrium supplements.

BFP 2/16/13; 2/18/13 (13 dpo): Beta #1=52.8, progesterone=18.7; estrogen = 412; Dr. increased progesterone dosage.
2/21/13 (16 dpo): Beta #2 = 269; progesterone = 32.4
2/25/13 (20 dpo): Beta #3 = 1,236
2/28/13 (23 dpo): Beta #4 = ?? tbd

Re: ::possible bfp:: Anyone ever "test out" your trigger - specifically Ovidrel?

• Oops....sorry.  I am still new to TTCAL, and I did not know that "procedure".  Sorry! :-(

Edited the title.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:
    BFP 2/8/12, MC @ 5 weeks; BFP 3/22/12, MC @ 5 1/2 weeks; BFP 9/10/12, MC @ 6 weeks

Started seeing RE Nov 2012. Chromosomal test and all other tests came back "normal". Unexplained MCs. Found mild hytpothyroidism. Two unmedicated cycles, both BFNs. First medicated cycle (clomid, ovidrel) 1/23/13. Low progesterone found during 9DPO P4 test = 7.6. Put on prometrium supplements.

BFP 2/16/13; 2/18/13 (13 dpo): Beta #1=52.8, progesterone=18.7; estrogen = 412; Dr. increased progesterone dosage.
  • imagecar seat:

This post is really inappropriate and you should put a possible BFP warning in the title.

Last year I had a trigger stay in my system until 14dpt.  Last week I triggered on Saturday night and my beta on Sunday was only 141.  There's no way to predict this.

^This.  Had you not added the last paragraph about your 8dpo +HPT this post wouldn't be so out of place.  

Every time I used a trigger shot, it took 11-12dp trigger to leave my system.  

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Loading the player...
  • imagecar seat:
    You should also have posted this on PGAL. This is really f?cking uncool.

I am so sorry.  This is not a bfp post.....it is a post of testing out triggers and what real-life experiences are with how long it has stayed in other people's bodies.

I don't think I have a bfp.  I gave the information about a + hpt as it relates to testing out a trigger.

But I guess I need to learn more about the protocols of this board.  I thought we are a TTC board (obviously with sensitivity b/c of what everyone has been through) and can ask questions about fertility and having a successful pregnancy.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:

• imagebuckeyebaby814:
    imagecar seat:

This post is really inappropriate and you should put a possible BFP warning in the title.

Last year I had a trigger stay in my system until 14dpt.  Last week I triggered on Saturday night and my beta on Sunday was only 141.  There's no way to predict this.

^This.  Had you not added the last paragraph about your 8dpo +HPT this post wouldn't be so out of place.  

My apologies.  I will edit and take out the last paragraph.  I only put that last paragraph in b/c it relates to the sensitivity of tests .  And that was about my most recent experience with tests that I have to go by - my most recent MC cycle.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:

• imagecarolinakiwi:

imagecar seat:

I am so sorry.  This is not a bfp post.....it is a post of testing out triggers and what real-life experiences are with how long it has stayed in other people's bodies.

I don't think I have a bfp.  I gave the information about a + hpt as it relates to testing out a trigger.

But I guess I need to learn more about the protocols of this board.  I thought we are a TTC board (obviously with sensitivity b/c of what everyone has been through) and can ask questions about fertility and having a successful pregnancy.

There was no need to mention that you'd had a previous BFP @ 8dpo before, it's irrelevant to your question.  If you really think that you'd have a BFP this early (which I believe you do think that based on you throwing that in) as well as still having trigger in your system, you have answered your own question, so no need to even ask us.

We are a TTC board, but we're also a tight-knit community who do not take kindly to strangers announcing possible BFPs.  We're grieving mothers, many of whom with current/recent losses, EDDs coming and going, the last thing we need/want is someone whom we don't know throwing their BFP in our faces.

• imagecar seat:
    imagecarolinakiwi:

imagecar seat:

You mentioned that you got a BFP and that you had an early BFP with your last pregnancy.  Why did you include that last fact if you weren't wanting to know if you were pregnant?

It is a possible BFP post.  Not okay. 

My post is about the half-life of Ovidrel. And I included information about my experiences with tests from last year to explain the sensitivity of the ones I used then and now.  I truly did not intend to offend anyone - I am sorry!!

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:

• imagecarolinakiwi:
    imagebuckeyebaby814:
    imagecar seat:

My apologies.  I will edit and take out the last paragraph.  I only put that last paragraph in b/c it relates to the sensitivity of tests .  And that was about my most recent experience with tests that I have to go by - my most recent MC cycle.

We know how sensitive tests are.  We know way more than the typical woman does about everything TTC (most of us anyway).  You could have just mentioned what test you were using and the sensitivity of the test (minimum hCG), rather than throwing in your previous BFP (which I am sorry for your loss).

I don't think you meant any harm by your post, but I do hope (and I think you do) realize why it was entirely inappropriate for this board. 

• imagebuckeyebaby814:
    imagecarolinakiwi:

imagecar seat:

There was no need to mention that you'd had a previous BFP @ 8dpo before, it's irrelevant to your question.  If you really think that you'd have a BFP this early (which I believe you do think that based on you throwing that in) as well as still having trigger in your system, you have answered your own question, so no need to even ask us.

We are a TTC board, but we're also a tight-knit community who do not take kindly to strangers announcing possible BFPs.  We're grieving mothers, many of whom with current/recent losses, EDDs coming and going, the last thing we need/want is someone whom we don't know throwing their BFP in our faces.

Sorry if I am considered a stranger.  I can't help that yes, I am new. but I am definitely not a drive-by.  I lurked in January and started posting earlier this week.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:

• imagecarolinakiwi:
    imagebuckeyebaby814:
    imagecarolinakiwi:

imagecar seat:

Sorry if I am considered a stranger.  I can't help that yes, I am new. but I am definitely not a drive-by.  I lurked in January and started posting earlier this week.

Well, we can't see lurkers (although I appreciate you lurking first) and starting to post earlier this week does still=stranger.  Most lurkers realize that anything that can be considered 'phishing' is a no-no.  

What does your clinic say about testing early?  While I always tested out my trigger, I'd never put too much thought into a single test until at least 13dpo.   

FWIW, I appreciate you listening to our suggestions to make this post a little more appropriate.  I think all the over-analyzing and scenarios you're giving though is what's putting people off.  All the information (beyond the question you have) is mostly just appearing like you want us to say you're KU.  Really, there's no need to share anything past the first paragraph.

ETA:  added a sentence. 

• imagecarolinakiwi:
    imagebuckeyebaby814:
    imagecarolinakiwi:

imagecar seat:

Then you should have had the common sense god gave a gnat to figure out that bfp posts or anything related to bfp's aren't posted here unless you've been a regular for several months. And even if you are completely lacking in common sense, it's spelled out in the blog.

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • imagekklamb10:
    imagecarolinakiwi:

imagecar seat:

Part of being sensitive is avoiding asking about successful pregnancies! This is a TTCAL board we haven't had successful pregnancies! If you want success stories go to PGAL!

I do understand.

What I mean is about working and praying for a successful, full-term pregnancy right now (not in the past).

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:

• I understand you are struggling right now and I'm very sorry for any losses you have had.  Please understand that every single one of us is at a different point of the TTCAL process... in fact, some of us aren't even there yet (recent loss or TTA for other reasons).  There are many ladies currently going through the same steps that you are (that have been here for a really long time).  If one of them were to get a BFP (and I pray every day they do), there is a good chance they wouldn't announce it here.  It hurts.  I've been so happy to see friends leave this place but I'll be the first to admit, it can be a knife in the heart to realize we aren't going with them right now.  Consider this place to be more like a support group for women who have had a loss.  Would you enter a group like that and talk about your possible BFP?  I certainly would hope not.  I really hope you do get your BFP and your take home baby.  However, it's not something you should ever talk about here unless you have been active for many, MANY months/years. 

I do believe you didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.  Please keep this in mind when you make any other posts in the future.  It might be a good idea to go back and read the blog again if you have already done so.  Good luck with your TTC process and I hope it is your time.

BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageZAngel:
    I understand you are struggling right now and I'm very sorry for any losses you have had.nbsp; Please understand that every single one of us is at a different point of the TTCAL process... in fact, some of us aren't even there yet recent loss or TTA for other reasons.nbsp; There are many ladies currently going through the same steps that you are that have been here for a really long time.nbsp; If one of them were to get a BFP and I pray every day they do, there is a good chance they wouldn't announce it here.nbsp; It hurts.nbsp; I've been so happy to see friends leave this place but I'll be the first to admit, it can be a knife in the heart to realize we aren't going with them right now.nbsp; Consider this place to be more like a support group for women who have had a loss.nbsp; Would you enter a group like that and talk about your possible BFP?nbsp; I certainly would hope not.nbsp; I really hope you do get your BFP and your take home baby.nbsp; However, it's not something you should ever talk about here unless you have been active for many, MANY months/years.nbsp; I do believe you didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.nbsp; Please keep this in mind when you make any other posts in the future.nbsp; It might be a good idea to go back and read the blog again if you have already done so.nbsp; Good luck with your TTC process and I hope it is your time.

Thank you for your honesty and nonugly reply.
    I do understand and only ever intended for this to be a Q about Ovidrel and how long it has lasted in real life scenarios outside of scientific half life calcs. The internet is all over the place when others say it "should" be out of the body. And my underlying reason for being curious is bc my RE's nurse said that if I do not get a hpt by this sunday to give them a call. But that will only be 14dpt, when the trigger could still very well be in my system. That is why I was curious as to what others have experienced with Ovidrel specifically.
    My Ovulation Chart

TTC #2 since Nov 2011:

• imageashleyross:
    imagebuckeyebaby814:
    imagecar seat:

This. I actually just got a BF( fukking ) N today (13DPO) and Yesterday (12DPO) after having positives up until this point.

ETA: I was on Letrolzole with an Ovidrel Trigger

Good luck.

*hugs* so sorry you had to see this :( 

BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • imagemightymousy:
    imageashleyross:
    imagebuckeyebaby814:
    imagecar seat:

This. I actually just got a BF( fukking ) N today (13DPO) and Yesterday (12DPO) after having positives up until this point.

Good luck.

I'm sorry we ALL had to see this stupidity..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecar seat:

I PPH you, car! 

I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
  • imageashleyross:
    imagemightymousy:
    imageashleyross:
    imagebuckeyebaby814:
    imagecar seat:

Good luck.

Thanks MM. It's just been a rough day, I didn't mean to come off snotty here ::sigh:: I just shouldn't have even opened this one.

Totally get it, not snotty at all. I'm in a similar place. 

BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"