Georgia Babies

PPD and a psychiatrist ?

Hi, 

Ok, so I'm looking for referrals in the intown area for a psychiatrist that specializes in postpartum stuff. My mom died 13 days after ds was born and I'm just struggling. I'm not sure what's postpartum and what is grief and what is just plain adjusting to life with two. I'm functioning daily and putting on a good face but it's just that, a good face. So, I figure it's time to consult an expert. Let me know who you trust and who you've seen. 

Thanks 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PPD and a psychiatrist ?

• First, I'm so sorry you're going through this and I hope that you find something that works for you. Everyone's PPD is different, but I'm glad you're open to getting help.

Dr. Zachary Stowe runs the Emory Women's Mental Health Program. He is a leading PPD expert. Even if you can't get into the program, they will be able to direct you to help that you need.  Good luck.

https://womensmentalhealth.emory.edu

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That's right! I knew there was a guy at Emory that specializes but I could not remember his name for the life of me. Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my goodness- I'm so sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine how difficult that must be. 

• You can always consult your OB as well.  I'm sure he/she can direct you to a professional.  I'm so sorry for your loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"