Blended Families

CS agencies SUCK

DC is more than $20k in arrears and after nearly a year of hassle the interstate action finally began.  He was charged with contempt and the hearing kept getting continued.  I finally found out what happened at the last hearing. The contempt charges were dropped.  Seriously.

Riddle me this:  What possible explanation is there to justify not paying a penny of CS for nearly 7 years that warrants dropping contempt charges?  Contempt means the unwillingness to pay.  So I'm really expected to believe that he was able to show that he has been unable to pay anything for nearly 7 years?  Really?  And now he's been ordered to pay $200 a month towards arrearages on top of what the current CO amount is.  Guess how much I've received since this new order was made?  Nada.

So not only is he not facing any consequences for his refusal to support his children for 7 years, but now he's not doing what the new CO orders him to do.  And I'm willing to bet my left boob that he's not going to make any of the required payments and then I'm going to have to start this process all over again for the same worthless result.  Thanks for nothing CS agencies.  Glad I'm wasting my hard-earned tax dollars to give you employment so you can do nothing and continue to let deadbeats get away with nothing.  How about we start refusing to pay your salaries?  Maybe then you'll actually do your job.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: CS agencies SUCK

• I completely agree. Ex H is $10,000 in arrears with no intention of paying, and no consequences pending. Just a couple of warrants he is consistently dodging.

Part of me hopes you lose your left boob. On the other hand, you might look funny.

• It is amazing to me how much these things differ from agency to agency.

DH had the same employer for the past 14 years and c/s was garnished. When he was laid off last year he got a new job quickly. He was paid on Fridays (as before) but we would have to wait till Friday to see if the new garnishment started. It took them about a month. So we sent c/s in on Saturday after we saw his check. This resulted in the payment being a couple days later then usual. We did inform both BMs so they could plan accordingly. We got several letters and two phone calls regarding his payments being late after 14 years of consistant payments. 

It all depends on where you live I guess. Too bad for BF that he thinks he is getting away with something. This will come back to him times 10. I hope they take your case seriously next time. 20,000 and growing is a huge amount of money!

• Loading the player...
  • imagesocloudy99:

It is amazing to me how much these things differ from agency to agency.

DH had the same employer for the past 14 years and c/s was garnished. When he was laid off last year he got a new job quickly. He was paid on Fridays (as before) but we would have to wait till Friday to see if the new garnishment started. It took them about a month. So we sent c/s in on Saturday after we saw his check. This resulted in the payment being a couple days later then usual. We did inform both BMs so they could plan accordingly. We got several letters and two phone calls regarding his payments being late after 14 years of consistant payments. 

It all depends on where you live I guess. Too bad for BF that he thinks he is getting away with something. This will come back to him times 10. I hope they take your case seriously next time. 20,000 and growing is a huge amount of money!

My husband's payment was late by 2 days once and DCSS called him.  His CS comes out of his check each month and the pay period happened to conflict with a holiday so it ended up being sent in late by his employer.  Technically the payment isn't considered late until the last day of the month.  DCSS seriously flipped out on DH and his employer.  Dh's employer basically told them, "We're not changing our pay schedule around to accommodate some chick on welfare, so deal with it.  We're in compliance of the CO".

In our situation BM is receiving state assistance, so DCSS gets super antsy for the payment.  And that's what I've been told by DCSS: If I were receiving some sort of state assistance (welfare, food stamps, medi-cal, etc) then they would have more reason to go after DC.  Awesome.  So since I'm self-sufficient and work to support my kids, I don't deserve the assistance of the CS agency in collecting and enforcing the CS order?  Good to know.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• If it makes you feel any better, exh was charged with contempt and signed an order he would be jailed if he missed a month. 

That was in October, and he's still taking trips and doing fun stuff, but I have received no money to support our children from him.

I think the system is just broken entirely in some states, and it doesn't matter what part of the process you are in....you get screwed over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow. WOW. See, the system is crazy. We weren't in arrears at all, and got a notice that our tax refund was being sent to BM bc of her lies. I'm like, there are ppl out there that goYEARS without paying, and BM says we are 600 behind and they were on it like white on rice. I hope you get some and I hope you keep that left boob of yours. Haha!
    Visit my <a href"http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisIsTheStuffs">Etsy</a> shop!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

"Karma1969: If baking someone a birthday pie/cake is romantic, I must be a slut."
  • imagejobalchak:
    imagesocloudy99:

It is amazing to me how much these things differ from agency to agency.

My husband's payment was late by 2 days once and DCSS called him.  His CS comes out of his check each month and the pay period happened to conflict with a holiday so it ended up being sent in late by his employer.  Technically the payment isn't considered late until the last day of the month.  DCSS seriously flipped out on DH and his employer.  Dh's employer basically told them, "We're not changing our pay schedule around to accommodate some chick on welfare, so deal with it.  We're in compliance of the CO".

In our situation BM is receiving state assistance, so DCSS gets super antsy for the payment.  And that's what I've been told by DCSS: If I were receiving some sort of state assistance (welfare, food stamps, medi-cal, etc) then they would have more reason to go after DC.  Awesome.  So since I'm self-sufficient and work to support my kids, I don't deserve the assistance of the CS agency in collecting and enforcing the CS order?  Good to know.

CS agencies can be such BS.

The "acting hearing officer" at ours is a total peach. BD was 10K in arrears, and I agreed to have his CS based on minimum wage instead of his actual income. Then he becomes unemployed, and his unemployment was still significantly more than minimum wage. He goes and files for a reduction though. And the joke of a hearing officer gave him almost a 50% reduction - are you kidding me?!

Your situation is definitely much crappier, and I REALLY hope BD gets what's coming.

• imagekaratechrissy:
    Wow. WOW. See, the system is crazy. We weren't in arrears at all, and got a notice that our tax refund was being sent to BM bc of her lies. I'm like, there are ppl out there that goYEARS without paying, and BM says we are 600 behind and they were on it like white on rice. I hope you get some and I hope you keep that left boob of yours. Haha!

This same thing hapenned to us.  But BM didn't even complain!  The state just thought he was behind so they took $2,000 out of his tax refund out of nowhere.  It took us 9 months to get it back.

This just makes me mad.  My DH has been paying child support since long before he was ordered to do so, and he got treated like a deadbeat dad.  Here is a real deadbeat dad and get gets let off the hook?  I hate the inconsistency amont the states.  Total BS.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"