April 2013 Moms

There's a butt in my ribs.

I can't get comfortable sitting down because LO's butt is pressing up into my ribs on the right side.  I feel like she has her feet braced on one side of my uterus and is pushing with all her might with her butt!

When she's not doing her butt push, she's kicking the heck out of me.  It feels like she has lots more than 2 feet!

Still, I shouldn't complain.  She's healthy and I'm healthy.  It's been a fairly easy pregnancy so far.  So I just can't sit up straight.  Big deal, right?

* TTC since 2010; Me-36, DH-40
* Diagnosis of PCOS in 2011 (suspected since teens)
* Miscarraige September 2011; XY with Trisomy 15
*November 2011 - January 2012 - 3 cycles of Femora - BFN x 3
* 2/12 and 4/12 Tamoxifen - no response
Planned to start Follistim for COH August '12 but...
Surprise!! BFP! And it's a girl!!

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9
baby d'oh, no ID
D'Oh!

Re: There's a butt in my ribs.

• I have a head in my rib cage so I know the feeling! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Haha...I think I've had feet and butt in my ribs for a few weeks now.  We are almost there girl...hang in there :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imageburneyonboard:
    Haha...I think I've had feet and butt in my ribs for a few weeks now.  We are almost there girl...hang in there :)

Smile  That's a nice thought.  Come on, baby...

"He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted." Job 5:9
    baby d'oh, no ID
    D'Oh!
  • There's a butt in my.... well, I guess my rib cage too, but it isn't left or right, it's right in the middle!  And once in a while scoots over to the right and sticks out.  Very surreal!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Haha same here! I have feet and a butt pressed up under my breastbone and a head pressing on my pelvis. It definitely makes sitting up next to impossible.
  • How can you tell which is which?

I don't know what's in my ribs (feet, butt, head), but whatever little part it is, it HURTS. Please move back down, baby; I liked it better when you were hanging out below my navel.

Also, even if everything is going well, it's OK to complain a little on occasion; we're only human.

Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel a bit of that too. I feel like I can't slouch over or down or I get a body part stuck in my ribs. Which is probably good, but I don't want to sit stick straight lounging at home. But I guess it's a small price to pay.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• imagebibliophileemily:

How can you tell which is which?

I asked my midwife on Wednesday to tell me how she was lying.  Head down, and "this is her butt."  It was on the left, but that same round (adorable) firmness is on the right now.

Today at work, I kept dropping things on the floor.  I would look at the item for a minute and try to figure out if I really needed it, then sigh and maneuver my pregnant butt down there.  Everything's so much harder!

baby d'oh, no ID
    D'Oh!
  • imagecrazytowne:
    imagebibliophileemily:

How can you tell which is which?

I asked my midwife on Wednesday to tell me how she was lying.  Head down, and "this is her butt."  It was on the left, but that same round (adorable) firmness is on the right now.

Today at work, I kept dropping things on the floor.  I would look at the item for a minute and try to figure out if I really needed it, then sigh and maneuver my pregnant butt down there.  Everything's so much harder!

i asked too my girl is breech. It's so uncomfortable and painful, my dr advice was to  change positions hah.. I can't lay on my belly (belly sleeper!) I can't lay on my back because of blood flow and now he is telling me not to lay on my side! Fml! I guess I should just stand for the next two months :/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yeah I'm with you. Sitting up straight anytime after lunch is near impossible. I lean to the side, recline back, anything but sit up.

• I wish there was a butt in my ribs! This boy has picked the goofiest position and now I'm left to do strange exercises that just make me laugh (crawling on all 4's and shaking my hips...). Turn baby, turn!!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • I can't tell what body part is where, like how do you know it's her butt and not her head? I've felt LO bouncing around a lot lately all over the place but have no idea what's what.
  • I used to laugh during my first pregnancy that DS's Native American name was "ButtInRibs."  That's pretty un-pc though.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • so im not crazy. it already hurts so much to bend over or sit up straight. i think i have a long 9 weeks ahead of me. and btw - just ignore all the paperclips on the floor of my office. : )~
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My litte man's butt is right in the middle, and he keeps pushing his feet into my right side ribs. Yesterday he pushed out so hard on the side of my belly that I could literally HOLD HIS FOOT! It was the craziest thing ever, and he did it like 3 times right in a row. It happened right before I went to my check up, so I told dr about it and she did some pushing and feeling and confirmed that he is in the exact position i described! There was also a new PA in the office with her and she had a great time feeling me up too! I didn't mind bc I was soo over the moon about holding his little foot <3

This is the most anxious I have been to have this little baby in my arms! He's teasing me!!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yup! I know the feeling. I have a foot in my rib basically at all times. It's made sitting at my desk at work very difficult. Thank goodness I only work 3 days a week!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Today has to be the worst of the foot in rib action.  I yelped in pain when DS#2 pushed so hard on my rib that I thought it was going to break- only slip off and show me the cuteness of his little foot.  Regardless- I am short and he has very little room to go...I just need to be more prepared for those painful moments!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"