June 2013 Moms
Options

Anxious about A/S tomorrow

I've been pretty good about putting it out of my mind, but my scan is tomorrow afternoon, and I'm starting to get nervous.  I am just really hoping that the baby is healthy and growing properly.  Did others feel this way, or am I just crazy?

Sometimes I think we hear a lot about things that go wrong and not as much about scans that go right.  Did you have any problems/concerns arise at your A/S?

TTC starting November 2010  HSG clear, DH SA #1- Slightly low count & motility SA#2-normal
Lap&Dye/Hysterscopy Feb 2012: Endo stage 2
April - June 2012: Femera 5 mg & 3 IUIs = All BFN    July/August 2012: IVF #1 = C/P
September/October 2012: IVF #2 BFP! Beta 1= 223 Beta 2 = 480 Beta 3 = 11,440
My beautiful daughter was born June 21, 2013
TTC #2 naturally, no luck
IVF #3 April 2015: BFN
IVF #4 July 2015: BFP! Beta 1 9dp5dt = 409, Beta 2 13dp5dt = 1743

Re: Anxious about A/S tomorrow

• Options

I felt the same way. But, the way I looked at it was that what's done is done, what's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong. All you can do now is find out and deal with it if something is wrong. Chances are, everything is fine. :)

Try to enjoy watching your little guy/gal dance around and annoy the U/S tech!

• Options
    I feel the exact same way. My appt is tomorrow morning and I'm starting to worry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My A/S is Tuesday and I'm starting to get a little nervous. It's normal to be nervous about this. Most of the people on here have had issues like, the baby wasn't in the right position to get all the measurements or baby was too active. In the cases where there was a concern (from what I've seen), most of the time it has been something that has resolved itself. I'm just trying to remind myself that most things that they see either resolve themselves or can be fixed.

And Google is not your friend while pregnant.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was sooo nervous! I had emergency surgery while pregnant and was so scared that something from that hurt the baby. Turns out, the baby is doing wonderfully! There is a chance with everyone that something might not be right but you have more of a chance of everything being good.

Im sure everything will be wonderful :)  

• Options
    Thanks everyone.  It's nice to know I'm not alone in my worrying.  But I do need to keep reminding myself that the odds are in my favor. 

TTC starting November 2010  HSG clear, DH SA #1- Slightly low count & motility SA#2-normal
    Lap&Dye/Hysterscopy Feb 2012: Endo stage 2
    April - June 2012: Femera 5 mg & 3 IUIs = All BFN    July/August 2012: IVF #1 = C/P
    September/October 2012: IVF #2 BFP! Beta 1= 223 Beta 2 = 480 Beta 3 = 11,440
    My beautiful daughter was born June 21, 2013
    TTC #2 naturally, no luck
    IVF #3 April 2015: BFN
    IVF #4 July 2015: BFP! Beta 1 9dp5dt = 409, Beta 2 13dp5dt = 1743

• Options

I had mine on Friday and that morning I was so nervous I was sure I was going to throw up in the car.  But everything turned out great and Baby Girl is healthy.

Try not to be too nervous.  I'm sure everything will be fine.  And if there is something wrong, you can cross that bridge when you come to it.  There's no use in stressing out about it right now since there's nothing you can do to change it.  (Easier said than done I know.)  Good luck!

• Options
    I usually have two weeks of positive calm after an OB visit, then two weeks of nervous worry before the next one.  I had my A/S on Feb 6 and was so nervous I could hardly smile for the pic I took of DH & myself before we left.  When I got there, they hadn't scheduled me for an ultrasound at all.  I was glad I knew what was supposed to happen, at least.  They did a quick ultrasound in order to fit me in.  LO was measuring a bit on the big side, but not quite a full two weeks ahead of schedule.  The dr. was a bit surprised, but not really worried about it.  The staff was so utterly uninterested in our baby that it was kind of reassuring.  Sort of like, "Yeah, just like every other one that comes through.  Nothing interesting here."  
  • Options
    imageAimRich:
    I felt the same way. But, the way I looked at it was that what's done is done, what's right is right, and what's wrong is wrong. All you can do now is find out and deal with it if something is wrong. Chances are, everything is fine. :Try to enjoy watching your little guy/gal dance around and annoy the U/S tech!

This. Just try to relax and realize that chances are, things are probably just fine.
    Kristen's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"