Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Post D&C Possible TMI

Today will be 3 days post D&C.  I feel like it took longer to recover physically than I thought it would.  I have been on pain meds since the surgery.  Friday night I was doubled over in pain and it took over an hour for pain meds to kick in and get any relief.  I didn't have hardly any bleeding.  Yesterday was better, I was on less pain meds and seem to be feeling a bit better.  I picked up my daughter and all of a sudden I felt blood.  I went to the bathroom and there was quite a bit of brown blood with small pieces of tissue/clots when I wiped.  This continued throughout the night and it only seemed to be there after using the bathroom.  I am wearing a pad but there is minimal blood in the pad.  About 3am the blood was bright red and there are very few clots.  This morning is the same - bright red.  Is this normal?  My temp has dropped to where it should be for the beginning of my period.  Can this be my period already?  Isn't that too soon?  Is this just post D&C bleeding or do you think I did something by picking up my daughter?  Should I contact the doctor or do you think its okay?  I am not soaking through a pad so I just don't know.

Mommy to baby J - 09/2009 - My perfect little princess.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#2
BFP 10/14/11 - MC 10/21/11 @ 4w3d
BFP 01/23/12 - MC 02/05/12 @ 5w2d
BFP 12/21/12 - D&C 02/07/13 @ 10w2d 02/27/13 - MTHFR

My Blog:Two Moms and a Journey

My Chart

Re: Post D&C Possible TMI

• Options

Good morning, so sorry for your loss and that you have to go through this.

I never had a D&C, both miscarriages worked their way out naturally...I'm no doctor but it sounds to me this is normal D&C bleeding and your body cleansing itself. I miscarried on Wednesday and when I picked up something heavy on Friday it was as if a geyser opened up (sorry TMI). If you're uneasy about anything reach out to your doctor, that's what they're there for.

Take care. 

• Options
    Its probably just postop bleeding. It's too early for your period. I had light bleeding for a few days and then just brown spotting which is now almost gone. I felt physically fine about 2 days after. I'd call your dr in a few days if you are still worried. I'm so sorry that you had to join us on this board.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  I was thinking it was normal but just wanted to see what you all thought.  I haven't really gotten out of bed much the past few days so I am thinking the more I start to walk around and do stuff the more I will probably pass.  It sucks we are all dealing with this.  

Mommy to baby J - 09/2009 - My perfect little princess.

TTC#2
    BFP 10/14/11 - MC 10/21/11 @ 4w3d
    BFP 01/23/12 - MC 02/05/12 @ 5w2d
    BFP 12/21/12 - D&C 02/07/13 @ 10w2d 02/27/13 - MTHFR

My Blog:Two Moms and a Journey

My Chart

• Options
    I just wanted to add that when I increase my activity like walking or working I had an increase in bleeding and cramping. I also had a lot of sharp pains that turned out to be gas pains. I hope you start to feel better soon.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

• Options

It sounds pretty similar to what I went through post D&C.   I had some bleeding for a few days that stopped, then started back up again. The amount of bleeding and intensity of cramps seemed related to how much activity I did.  More activity = more cramps and bleeding for me.  

If you're not sure, then call your doctor just to be sure.  If you go through more than a pad an hour, or start to develop a fever, then call right away!  Better to be safe than sorry. 

imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds normal for a D&C.  I bled/spotted brown blood for like up to a week after d&c.  Honestly, the d&c just cleaned you out.  I'd say 3 days is way too soon for a period.  If you check out my chart, I had a temp drop 3-4 days after the d&c ....
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Options

I agree with the other ladies, it sounds normal to me. As long as you're not bleeding heavily and your not in so much pain that meds aren't helping, everything sounds like the "norm" for what to expect after a D&C.

I bled for a solid week after my D&C. Mostly random spotting, but some days were a bit heavier. I think I'm all done with the bleeding (1 1/2 weeks post D&E.)

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"