2nd Trimester
Options

Cough Drops?

Are there any cough drops that are ok to take?  
After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
Born 7/30/13

Re: Cough Drops?

• Options
    I wasn't aware that there were any kinds that aren't okay. They dissolve in your mouth.. you aren't chewing and swallowing them so I honestly wouldn't even have thought twice about taking them.

Maybe avoid the ones like riccola that have herbs and what not? But I've known plenty of people who take halls and they were told that's fine.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Options

Thank you!  We had Ricola ones and I looked online last night and some places said no and others said yes.  I've got a cold and its going to my throat and chest.

I will grab some Halls.  Thanks again! 

After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd just avoid herbal ones or ones with artificial sweetener personally
  • Options

I called a nurse about this when I was sick and she said nothing with a numbing agent, or antibiotics (like strepsils). Some people say no menthol but most say their fine to take. She actually recommended ricola and said they have less sugar or something which is good when you are sick.

Feel Better. 

• Options
    I had a nasty cold a few weeks ago and had cough drops.  I was just really careful to follow the directions and not exceed the maximum dosage (I believe 1 every 2 hours).
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

• Options
    I used Ricola cough drops when I was pregnant with my first child. They are the only cough drops that will work for me.
  • Options
    My OB suggested to try and avoid the ones that contain menthol, others are fine. Also limit it to 1-2 a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My OB recommended Ricola and nothing with menthol.  She better be right because I went through a few bags of those in the first tri when I had the flu for weeks on end!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I had a bad cough sore throat last month and I used Burt's Bees brand lemon honey cough drops. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"