June 2011 Moms
Options

bring or rent carseat?

We are flying with LO in a couple of weeks. Rental car charges $14/day to provide the car seat or max of $65 for entire duration of trip which is what we're going to end up paying.

Should we bring our own? I called airline and person obviously had no idea how big carseats are because she said as long as it folds and fit under our seats or overhead bin then it's okay? Umm....no. 

Anyone with experience on this, bringing their own car seat. Would it be too bulky? Rent or bring?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bring or rent carseat?

• Options
    If we rent a car, we bring our own.  You don't know about the quality of the carseats at the rental place, and you also might have to install a carseat you've never seen yourself, which might be frustrating.  We check our carseat- we pack it in a padded carseat bag (you can find one on Amazon).  It's always been fine.  You can also check it at the gate if that makes you feel better- then it won't travel far and someone will load it right on the plane.  If you take it on the plane you have to put it in a purchased seat.
    DSC_1342
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    The airline is supposed to let u gate check your stroller and carseat. Go to your airlines website and look under the rules and it should say there. I would probably bring mine if I were to ve driving in a car. We just went to Punta Cana, and although I didnt bring a carseat I could have if I wanted to.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We gate checked our 40 Cosco Serena carseat from Walmart. It came in a plastic bag with handles and not a box so it was perfect to take. I would not rent a carseat for more money than buying one I could keep and know who has all used it and how old it was, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

thanks for the input ladies. I guess we will bring our own and use it on the plane after all.

We have a Graco in DH's car that seems to be less bulky that the Maxi Cosi one we have in my car. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"