Parenting after 35
Options

Please no flames: Question about TTC>35 Board

Last time I posted on that board was 2008 so I guess things have changed greatly, since I went over there yesterday and noticed all these "ticker/photo" warnings.

When did that happen? I'm sad that it is necessary, too. I was blessed that it only took me 5 cycles to conceive DS at age 38 and I wanted that board to post on, because I felt weird on the regular TTC board with all the 20-somethings. But I'd feel very awkward there now, I think.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!

Re: Please no flames: Question about TTC>35 Board

• Options

It's actually not really expected over there, it's just that a lot of people are also on other boards like Infertility, where it IS expected, so we just get in the habit of doing it.  I don't always do it when I post over there, but some others do out of habit.

The TTC>35 board is a really great, generally drama-free group and a mix of people who already have kids, ttc their first, trying naturally and doing fertility treatments.  I wouldn't worry about fitting in, because it really is diverse and people are great about supporting each other, even if they are on different paths in terms of ttc.  I love the board so much I still reply to alot of posts for people I know, and even some I don't, over there.  I highly recommend getting to know some of the ladies over there -- that's really the key to fitting in any board -- taking the time to support others, not just asking questions for yourself.  It is definitely a community feel and I'm sure they'll welcome you if you want to join in!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

What Elf said. It's a fantastic group of ladies, many of whom have been there since almost as far back as we had M and A. It sucks, sucks, sucks. I posted over there again when TTC H and was greeted with open arms. I still post once in a blue moon and, when I do, I always give siggy warnings because I really wouldn't want to wave my luck in anyone's face.

Especially now. I am so effing heart broken for McIrish.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the info.  I was just surprised to see all the warnings and wondered about it.  I'm sure the ladies are fantastic. When I posted there, they were as well (many of us are here now, sadly some are not). And I didn't think the vibe had changed but was curious.

I always root for a fellow AMA-er who is TTC and am sorry when someone is struggling with infertility. 

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options

I was a big poster over there when TTC DS and I loved the group we had then.  When I went back as we were TTC #2, I did feel that the board had changed.  I felt like it had become another infertility board.  I don't think I'm the only one who felt that way because there would be occasional reminders that the board was for EVERYONE over 35 TTC, regardless of their current status.  I didn't put warnings up when I posted, but I started to feel out of place even though there were some others who were TTC #2.    

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I mostly lurk here but I thought I would chime in.  The ladies over there seem very nice but I also got a bit of an odd vibe when I first re-intro'd (I was on there a few years ago as well).  I can't exactly put my finger on it but I don't really feel like I belong over there this time ttc #2.  Then again there is no way in hell I want to go to the ttgp zoo either :D  
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options

I'm glad you asked this question. I was 32-33 when I was TTC the last time, so I posted on GP/TTGP. We're planning to start TTC in July. I'll be 36. I've been lurking a little bit on the TTC35 board, and I wasn't sure if it would be the right fit for me or not for the reason you mentioned.

I may just end up going back to TTGP. I've been lurking and posting there a little bit.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageSarahL77:

I'm glad you asked this question. I was 32-33 when I was TTC the last time, so I posted on GP/TTGP. We're planning to start TTC in July. I'll be 36. I've been lurking a little bit on the TTC35 board, and I wasn't sure if it would be the right fit for me or not for the reason you mentioned.

I may just end up going back to TTGP. I've been lurking and posting there a little bit.

TTC35 is awesome. I recommend visitig there when you TTC again. I was intimidated when I started posting while TTC #2 because it was so different than when I TTC #1, but the ladies there are lovely and helpful.
  • Options
    It makes me sad to see so many people feeling like they wouldn't fit in there.  It is such a great board and great group of welcoming people. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Well maybe I'll check give it a try when we start later this year. I haven't lurked too much, but I did notice the ticker/picture warnings and such, so I wondered if those TTC#2 were a bit out of place.

I'm glad to hear that it would be ok. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageStrunella:

I was a big poster over there when TTC DS and I loved the group we had then.  When I went back as we were TTC #2, I did feel that the board had changed.  I felt like it had become another infertility board.  I don't think I'm the only one who felt that way because there would be occasional reminders that the board was for EVERYONE over 35 TTC, regardless of their current status.  I didn't put warnings up when I posted, but I started to feel out of place even though there were some others who were TTC #2.    

This. I visit from time to time bc we're "kind of" TTC #2 and it's a different vibe now, feels more like the Infertility board to me. 

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options

imageELF4321:
    It makes me sad to see so many people feeling like they wouldn't fit in there.  It is such a great board and great group of welcoming people. 

Exactly this.. I consider myself part of the TTC>35 board. Even-thou i'm struggling with IF, I feel like that board is my home. I don't feel comfy on the Infertiliy boards.. the ladies at TTC>35 are completely..drama free and very respectful.

I respect all the women on that board and it's extremely encouraging to see success stories!!!!

Come on over ladies!!!!

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• Options

We'll be TTC #3 in a few months and I hang out there, having recently turned 35.

When I first started posting I asked if warnings were expected/requested and everyone said no.

I do give warnings though depending on the nature of the post. If it's just chit chat about the latest movie then I don't see a need for a warning, but if someone is sharing about a failed round of IVF then I think it's common courtesy to give a siggy warning. I want to offer my best thought and wishes for the ladies who are struggling with infertility, but I of course want to be sensitive.

They're a cool bunch of ladies, and in someways I don't feel like I fit there. But I don't really fit with some of the other boards which are largely younger ladies TTC #1.

So basically I figure if they're happy to have me, then I'm happy to hang out there. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"