Cloth Diapering
Options

Flannel wipes

I'm making cloth wipes out of flannel. Do you use one later or two? If you do two layers do you do two layers of flannel or one side something else? fleece, Terry cloth, something else
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flannel wipes

• Options
    I used 2 layers of flannel.
  • Options
    I'm making some of each, but I know I'm going over board with them. BUT I know they will be handy for nose blowing and messy hands too. [I love my homemade hankies!!]

1 ply flannel: noses, pees, drying
    2 ply flannel: pee, messes, etc
    Flannel and terry: poo messes

I might use some interlock cotton too for noses, it gets so soft after multiple washes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did 1 layer of flannel.
  • Options
    When I made mine I did one layer of flannel and one layer of bubble minky serged together.
  • Options
    I have one layer flannel wipes and I like them. I don't like my wipes to be too thick.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imageChickypoo2468:
    imageYellowLily2013:
    I'm making some of each, but I know I'm going over board with them. BUT I know they will be handy for nose blowing and messy hands too. [I love my homemade hankies!!] 1 ply flannel: noses, pees, drying 2 ply flannel: pee, messes, etc Flannel and terry: poo messes I might use some interlock cotton too for noses, it gets so soft after multiple washes.
    How weird am I that hankies gross me out but I'm perfectly fine with family cloth? Pee only of course lol. I think I just remember my dads hankies, all stuck together and to other things. Do you put them in a separate laundry container? I'm guessing you wash with towels? And are they a one time use thing? It seems flannel would be too thick and rough but maybe Ill hunt down some cotton interlock. Sorry to hijack.

Re hijacking, I'm planning on using some bamboo velour for mine. So soft. I made some out of the bamboo fleece, but not as much a fan, although they are ok. I do small squares that are one use only.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    imageChickypoo2468:
    imageInto+the+Kitty:

imageChickypoo2468:
    imageYellowLily2013:
    I'm making some of each, but I know I'm going over board with them. BUT I know they will be handy for nose blowing and messy hands too. [I love my homemade hankies!!] 1 ply flannel: noses, pees, drying 2 ply flannel: pee, messes, etc Flannel and terry: poo messes I might use some interlock cotton too for noses, it gets so soft after multiple washes.
    How weird am I that hankies gross me out but I'm perfectly fine with family cloth? Pee only of course lol. I think I just remember my dads hankies, all stuck together and to other things. Do you put them in a separate laundry container? I'm guessing you wash with towels? And are they a one time use thing? It seems flannel would be too thick and rough but maybe Ill hunt down some cotton interlock. Sorry to hijack.

Re hijacking, I'm planning on using some bamboo velour for mine. So soft. I made some out of the bamboo fleece, but not as much a fan, although they are ok. I do small squares that are one use only.

Isn't that thick tho? Or are these purely for external wiping? UG I feel the insane urge to go blow my nose now. And I'm in bed so I'm going to fight that urge as long as I can.

Yeah they are for blowing and wiping only. I still plan on using disposable kleenex still in conjunction with my hankies. I use these for when A or I are sick, because we both have really sensitive, easily irritated skin, and even the softest kleenex leave our skin really red and raw from too much wiping.

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    I don't mind the high jack.. Lots of good info, thanks!!!
  • Options

imageChickypoo2468:

The majority of the hankies are made from old 400 count cotton sheets. So those aren't too thick. And definitely a one time use thing. I have made little containers for "clean" and "dirty".

I made family cloth - and with my severe allergies, I've used it more for blowing my nose than going pee.  All of them are two-side, the ones with sherpa are way too think. The flannel/interlock are thicker than the sheet ones, but work. Mainly for external blowing since - yes they are thick.

But soooo much better than TP or Kleenex. Those things make my nose raw, hankies do not. So it's worth that in my book. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"