Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Chunky baby?

Does anyone else have a chunky baby and if so are you worried at all? My next pedi appt is not for another week but I'm concerned about my baby's weight gain. She is not obese or anything jut not petite and small like alot of other babies we see!

Re: Chunky baby?

• Options
    DD is 99 for height and 97 for weight. She is big in every direction. Babies grow into their size. I am not worried at all.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I have a big girl too! At her 4 mo appt she was 18lbs 6oz and 25 1/2 " long. 99% for weight and 89% for height. I was worried too but my doc said she is just a big girl. She's healthy, she's thriving, she's growing steadily and not at any alarming rate so she's fine. Everyone tells me once she starts crawling and walking she'll get rid of some of that chunk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My FIL made the mistake of telling me that my little man is chunky. If I could have ripped his face off, I would have! I have read in numerous places that at this age, a "chunky" baby is a healthy one... like pp said, once they start crawling and moving like maniacs they will thin out. Enjoy the snuggly little rolls while you can! Smile

• Options
    Worry, no! Just the opposite, actually. My baby is a chunk. He was a tiny thing when he was born, not even 7 lbs, but now at not quite 3 months he weighs 16 lbs. That means he is a healthy eater and is thriving! I'm glad he is so healthy, especially after the trouble we had getting him latched after he was born. The hospital wanted us to supplement with formula, but we refused and kept working on it and he started gaining weight very quickly.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My son was 19lbs. 7oz. and 27" long at his 4 month appointment putting him at 99% for weight and 90% for height.  He's a big kid, but I love him that way!!  He is so much fun to snuggle with.

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
  • Options

Another chunky baby here too.  At his four month appointment he was 19 lbs 1 oz and 26 inches long.  That puts him in the 98th percentile for weight and 85th for height.  He wears 12 month outfits and size 4 diapers.  

I'm not too worried as my middle child was big as well, and is now a very tall string-bean.  Once Gunner starts moving a bit more his rolls will diminish.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"