Los Angeles Babies
Options

First Pregnancy!

I am 6w pregnant! & being that this is my first pregnancy I don't know if the twinges and sharp pains are anything for me to worry about. I get them in my lower abdomen, but there is no blood and nothing else. Should I worry about it? Could it be ectopic? 

Re: First Pregnancy!

• Options

I'm in the same boat! I've been having cramps and sharp pains in my lower left abdomen...then yesterday I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I went straight to Kaiser where they confirmed the pregnancy then took blood to test my HCG levels. They were high enough where they could do an ultrasound, but it was too early to tell much. I have to go today to do a follow-up level to make sure everything is okay. They already ruled out an ectopic pregnancy based on the ultrasound. Also, the doctor asked me questions and said my risk is low based on my responses (I don't smoke, I've been with the same partner for years, I haven't had pelvic inflammatory disease...those are the questions I remember). They did find out that I have cysts on my left ovary, but I guess that happens in a lot of pregnancies and often resolves itself (I need more clarification on that, but the doctor didn't seem concerned). 

Maybe try to make an appointment for your own peace of mind, but as someone in the OB/GYN department told me, everything hurts when you get pregnant and you notice it all because you are worried. She encouraged me to drink lots of water because being dehydrated makes everything worse. Good luck! =)  

• Options
    Hi I am new too! New to pregnancy and the board!! I felt the same way you both do. Just found out and I have felt pains and cramps today and some yesterday evening. I made my appointment with the doc and told the nurse that and they said it was normal. Kind of like the previous poster said about being nervous, noticing everything, and all that. We will see what is really going down at our first appointment in March. I can't wait until then! LOL
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank God I wasn't the only one. I went to the doctors and they told me the same thing. That everything was normal. And that I wasn't an Ectopic! I have a healthy 7w baby :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"