Toddlers: 24 Months+

dance moms

DD has been in dance class on her own all year, the door and windows are kept shut. She loves it and always runs right in. Two weeks ago she got ready and in the car without a problem, on the way she was talking about not wanting to go, she said something about the girls in class, but I didn't pay much attention and figured she'd be fine when we got there, but she refused to go into the room. We went back yesterday, she wanted me to walk her into the room, which I did, and then she was fine. With about 5 minutes left in class she came out hysterical. I thought she was hurt but the assistant teacher said something about she didn't want to do what the class was doing. When the teacher came out she said DD was upset she didn't get the color macaranas she wanted, then she was upset someone was sitting on the color on the mat she wanted to sit on.

I let it go, but last night my mom said she asked DD how dance was and DD seemed very sad and told her the teacher yelled at her.  DD does flip out when she gets yelled at, so it's very possible she was yelled at and that's why she was so upset.  I'm wondering if I should say something next week or ask for the windows to be left open so I can see what goes on.

It's difficult to have a conversation with DD, she'll answer one or two questions, but she doesn't always make sense.  The teachers seem fine, so I"m thinking it's DD over reacting, but my mom seemed pretty concerned with the way DD responding to her so I"m not sure. WWYD? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group

Re: dance moms

• I doubt the teacher yelled at her. She probably just got upset when the teacher told her she couldn't have the color she wanted. But what do I know. I'd talk with the teacher again and see if they could let you watch from the window and see what happens.

You'll probably need to have a talk with DD about how she gets what she gets and thats how it works. I'm sure you probably already have.

• imageStephanie2167:

I doubt the teacher yelled at her. She probably just got upset when the teacher told her she couldn't have the color she wanted. But what do I know. I'd talk with the teacher again and see if they could let you watch from the window and see what happens.

You'll probably need to have a talk with DD about how she gets what she gets and thats how it works. I'm sure you probably already have.

I agree with this too.....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"