High-Risk Pregnancy

Terbutaline...First injection.

So I google it & see a ton of safety risks. Was just given it to stop my contractions...please tell me this wasn't a mistake. Btw I am almost 32 weeks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Terbutaline...First injection.

• The benefits definitely outweigh the risks. At 32 weeks, you're too far along to use Indocin and magnesium is awful. I hope the terbutaline works!
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Stay off Google. It did not go to medical school. ;) 

I had Terb three times with my son to stop labor and he is perfect! Take it easy momma.  

• Loading the player...
  • I had it with both kids. Injections and then pills with DS and injections with DD. They are both fine.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got trebutaline to stop contractions with son's pregnancy over 10 years ago.  If they are still using it then it obviously doesn't have that horrible of effects and probably does it's job. 

I did hate that stuff.  I think that is the one that made me have the speedy feeling.

• I had 2 injections at 33 weeks when pregnant with my daughter and she is perfect!  Don't worry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had two serises of 3 shots at 32 weeks and 35 wks. They stopped my contractions - DS was born healthy at 39 weeks.  The 3rd shot made me puke and feel like crap for 20 minutes as my heart raced - but no long term side effects here.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"