September 2013 Moms

Tailbone Pain?

I'm almost 9 weeks and am definitely not showing yet so why does my tailbone, right where my bottom is, feel swollen and hurt whenever I sit down, or adjust my posture at all? Anyone else have this so early on?
Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Tailbone Pain?

• I'm 7 weeks and my tailbone and lower back are very sore... : I can barely sleep at night it gets worse
  • My tailbone has been getting sore after sitting for a while, too. I didn't think of it as pregnancy related, but maybe it is!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes your uterus is doubling in size during your 1st trimester, so it pushes on everything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have had tailbone pain since even before getting pregnant.  But I think that just goes along with my other joint / cartilage pain like costchondritis and I had insane ankle pain about two nights ago in bed.  That along with the neuropathy burning sensation on my left outer thigh I've had since week 4.  They've always suspected a connective tissue disorder or autoimmune disease with me but I've never tested positive. They told me the flare ups would get worse during pregnancy and I'm not noticing anything worse now, just more frequent.
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • I am not glad you are having pain :(  but glad that I am not the only one with this low back pain! I am 7 wks and just yesterday my very low low back, maybe an inch or so above my tail bone started hurting. I didn't have it with my first, but I also didn't have a 30 pound 2 y/o to lift and play with during my first pregnancy!  Yet another fun first tri symptom to add to the list ;/
    DD #1 born @ 38 weeks 11/1/10
    BFP #2 Jan 2013 - MMC found at 11 wks, measured 8w2d.
    BFP #3 August 30, 3013, EDD 5/7/14
  • Your body is preparing for the pregnancy. Your hips are widening, your back is developing a slight curve to offset the upcoming belly, so your tailbone is affected too. It's common to get very sore in this stage. Every morning. I bend down to the side, standing on 1 leg and lifting the other up. I usually grab something off the floor from each side and it makes my hips pop and takes off the pressure. Squatting down and loosening the hips a bit can help too. I've heard a chiro is a great thing also, though I haven't done that yet. 

My tailbone cracked during the birth of my 10 pounder, and I've had two 9 pound babies as well, so my poor tailbone has been beaten up a lot and usually hurts pregnant or not. It has been getting worse lately though.

Mom of 5
    Boy 7-11-2007 (has Autism),
    Boy 2-26-2009 to 11-2-11 (had cancer at 4mo),
    Boy 3-28-2011 (has Autism)
    Girl 9-3-2013
    Baby due 2-22-2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"