Toddlers: 24 Months+

Anyone w/2yr old 2 month?

OMG!! It's been a week from....!!!my 2yr old has suddenly turned into an ugly monster! Fits all the time, screaming....you name it. I'm glad my 2month old is easy going. Any advice on how to deal with this? I'm losing my mind! I want my sweet princess back....

Re: Anyone w/2yr old 2 month?

• Have you tried any of these?

Quiet time- is she still napping?

Choices- I find if I give DS 2 choices, he does very well with this. "Do you want to wear the plane shirt or the truck shirt? Those are your choices." "Do you want an apple or a banana?" "cereal" "That wasn't one of your choices. Apple or banana?"

Etc.

Also give her some chores. DS likes to help and it makes him feel really special to get the praise. It's up to you what those are- but involving baby care may be a great way to involve her.

One on one time- she probably very much misses having mommy all to herself.

What about teeth? Is she teething? Ear ache? belly ache? Sometimes the sudden change in demeanor can indicate a tot who isn't feeling well.

Good luck!!! 

• So glad I'm not the only one!!  My DD has been a regular Jekyll and Hyde this week.  The tantrums are AWFUL!!  Monday and Tuesday she was an angel.  She was so sweet and so helpful.  Wednesday started to take a turn but man oh man... Thursday came and she was a beast all afternoon!!

She does still nap, I am so thankful for that!  But some days getting her to actually lay down is such a challenge.  With a newborn it adds a whole new level.  The past 2 days the newborn has been awake when I've been trying to get DD down for a nap. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it's freezing in most of the US but is outside play during the morning a possibility? I remember reading once that children who got 30 mins of outside play in the a.m. were better behaved all day.  

I honestly have no idea how you SAHM with tots and NBs do it!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"