February 2013 Moms
Options

37 week apt not so great :(

So, I knew that I was going to have what I thought would be my final US today to measure since I'm still measuring 32 weeks.  I brought hubby so he could see her again, and thank god I did because I ended up in the observation rooms for 3 hours due to really high blood pressure... And I'm usually really low. 

Make a long story short, baby was. Breeched for a LONG time, and at my 36 week exam I was informed that she was definitely head down.  I was so excited!  

Well US showed she is not,and is still breeched.   Part of me knew it.  

So they take me for my apt and after telling me this and informing me that I have to start making a decision. On a ECV or a section, they took my blood pressure..  Stupid..

Of course I was upset,so then they wanted to make sure that it was not preeclampsia or distress.   Geez.

im home now and fine now, but have been doing spinning babies exercise all night and a lot apprehensive about an ECV.  Doc wants to see me again Monday.   

Pregnancy Ticker Live like today is your last, Love like you have never been hurt, and Dance like there is no one watching.

Re: 37 week apt not so great :(

• Options
    So sorry about your horrible appointment :-( How stressful for you. I just wanted to send words of encouragement to you!!!  
  • Options
    Chin up! I am in the same position as you , also 37 weeks. Our baby is still breech not an ECV is not an option for us because of how my Placenta is. At least you have more options. I go in Tuesday to check again but I already had to schedule a c-section for the 13th. But man to my ribs hurt from a whole entire head being stuck up there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepnwlover:
    Chin up! I am in the same position as you , also 37 weeks. Our baby is still breech not an ECV is not an option for us because of how my Placenta is. At least you have more options. I go in Tuesday to check again but I already had to schedule a c-section for the 13th. But man to my ribs hurt from a whole entire head being stuck up there!

baby wants to be close to our heart :).

The ECV freaks me out. I was surprised that doc was so quick to say a c section without really trying too hard to sell the ECV.

GL to you! 

Pregnancy Ticker Live like today is your last, Love like you have never been hurt, and Dance like there is no one watching.
  • Options

My baby is still breech too. I am 37 weeks on Sunday. The doctor said she would try a EVC if I wanted it, but it freaks me out too. She thinks she is wedged in my pelvis, maybe small pelvis? Doc did not seem too positive that she would flip, and said if she does she will still have a low threshold for a c-section. I go back on Monday to the doctor and she is giving me to information to register for a c section on the 15th. 

Good luck!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"