February 2013 Moms

I think I just felt my cervix?

This is probably TMI but I was doing my nightly EPO inserting and bumped right up against something hard that wasn't there last night. Yowza. I am assuming that means my cervix has dropped? Kind of freaked me out. Maybe labor is closer than I thought. 
Jen
Mom to Ava 12.21.04 and Austin 10.22.06
BFP 12/5/11...natural m/c 12/23/11 Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I think I just felt my cervix?

• Could also be your baby's head. I can feel my baby's head without having to insert my finger all the way (sorry, TMI). She's really really low.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was thinking it might be her head. OMG. I know she is low but that is just crazy. 
    Jen
    Mom to Ava 12.21.04 and Austin 10.22.06
    BFP 12/5/11...natural m/c 12/23/11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • wouldn't you have to be like basically super dilated in order to feel the head?
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • This brings my clueless self back to the, "If you felt the baby's head on accident, HOW THE *** IS SEX SAFE AT THIS POINT?!"

:) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRunaway22:

This brings my clueless self back to the, "If you felt the baby's head on accident, HOW THE *** IS SEX SAFE AT THIS POINT?!"

Because the baby's head is still separated from anything else by the cervix and the amniotic sac. Unless your DH has a sledgehammer for man-parts, having baby's head get bonked or pushed past by it is not going to hurt it. 

• image9fraulein:
    wouldn't you have to be like basically super dilated in order to feel the head?

Nope. In my case I actually have a posterior cervix, but the baby's head is already in my pelvis, though not engaged. I'm 39 weeks and 4 days, negative one station, 3cm dilated and 100% effaced according to my doctor. So when the doctor inserts a finger, they can feel the baby's head but have to kind of go behind the head to get to the cervix in order to measure it.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageIncogNeato:
    imageRunaway22:

This brings my clueless self back to the, "If you felt the baby's head on accident, HOW THE *** IS SEX SAFE AT THIS POINT?!"

Because the baby's head is still separated from anything else by the cervix and the amniotic sac. Unless your DH has a sledgehammer for man-parts, having baby's head get bonked or pushed past by it is not going to hurt it. 

I'll take your (and everybody else's) word for it ;)   Also, LOL at the sledgehammer. 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"