Blended Families

Divorce update. My lawyer called H today. Oy.

My lawyer contacted me today wanting H's number.  The court scheduled an automatic pre-trial conference. With our stipulation - H already signed and agreed to a custody and settlement agreement - we don't need it.  So he called H to get him to agree and approve requesting this would be waved.

H does not have a lawyer and already signed paperwork waving counsel and that he was okay with David representing me (our bankruptcy lawyer is in the same office).  It was during work so I text H he'll be calling and what about, and that I'd talk to him later.

I talk to H about it and he asks if anything changed in our paperwork. I say no, what he signed and the last paperwork he received is the agreement, so if he wants something changed he better speak up now.  He says no, "Like I told your lawyer, I trust you."  I find it ridiculous he says this, but say nothing. Even tho I know this will be thrown in my face later when he finds something in the agreement that doesn't work in his favor down the road. Then I'll be the betraying b*tch ex wife who screwed him over. Should have had a lawyer dude. It's not my job anyore to look out for you.

My lawyer told him that early April it will be final.  So H starts to try and tell me (lecture me) AGAIN that I better be sure this is what I want. I try to calmly stop him and he talks over me. So I just stop listening. I set the phone down and let him yammer. I don't need to hear the same thing again about how he thought we would grow old together and how I'm hurting DD by divorcing him. Whatever. Talk to the coffee table.

DD comes in shortly after I do that and says, "I talk to Daddy!" so I put it on speaker, interupt him and say, "Talk to Daddy!"  They talk and the conversation ends.

That ended that.

The divorce is taking a little longer than expected, but it's not far off.  2 1/2 more months. 

The good news...I might be getting child support soon. 

One step closer.

Oh! And I'm getting my maiden name back! Can't wait for that.

"he offered her the world. she said she had her own" - poet Monique Duval

Re: Divorce update. My lawyer called H today. Oy.

• The best part of I think any divorce weather it goes bad or good When you get that sheet of paper that says "Last name restored to Maiden name!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"