August 2012 Moms

Bring a toy to share day

Day care mamas... Does your day care do "bring a toy/book/whatever to school day" at all?

Well mine did today. Now, my poor kid has been sick since Thanksgiving and when DH went to pick him up today, he was holding some other kid's lovey. It bothers me for several reasons. I know they have good intentions, but really, this kid would be entertained with a dirty sock. He has no idea what sharing is. You never know the cleanliness of anyone else and even if they washed a toy before sending it, if there may be something airborne on it. Now, he didn't bring a toy to school, so did they just give his lovey to someone else? My kid is coming down from a nasty cold, he shouldn't be sharing with anyone.

Sorry, if you made it this far, I would post a gif to reward you but alas I am on mobile.

ETA:  image

Re: Bring a toy to share day

• I have never heard of this, but also would not be ok with it. I would explain what your issues with it are, and tell them you would prefer that your LO not participate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • They should have just called it "give your child plague" day. I would definitely speak up. I can't imagine a world where sharing toys in the middle of flu season is a good idea, especially for the LOs who reflexively put toys in their mouths.

• Loading the player...
  • I'd be 300 percent not okay with that until my kid is at the age where they're learning all about sharing. Even then I'd probably hope there were restrictions, like nothing stuffed. But, 5 to 6 month old babies? WHY and NO, geez.
    Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • My daycare center doesn't allow you to bring any toys from home. He is allowed a blanket for his crib - but that is it.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"