Trying to Get Pregnant

guess we are on hold vent

So i spoke with my psychiatrist today and he advised me to speak with my obgyn before continuing ttc. He is unsure of the risks associated with prozac while preggo. I have read so many conflicting things, damn google! I suffer from severe panic disorder and am basically not able to function off meds since my last pregnancy. My fear is we will have to choose whether to continue ttc despite the risks or go off the meds for who knows how long or put ttc behind us. I know i am prematurely freaking out and need to talk to my doc before letting my mind get the best of me. Thanks for listening
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersBabyFruit Ticker

Re: guess we are on hold vent

• I'm sorry. Being on hold sucks but I hope you get an answer soon as to what is best for you and for TTC.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• FWIW, I'm also on prozac for anxiety and my obgyn wants me to stay on it whenever I do become pregnant. But definitely talk to your doctor.

Dx: Endometriosis (2010), PCOS (2013)

TTC since 8/2012

BFP 3/9/2014  Femara 7mg + trigger. EDD 11/20/2014

http://amycookiemonster.blogspot.com

• Loading the player...
  • I hope you get some answers soon....and good answers. good luck!
  • I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I decided to come off lexapro when my husband and I started TTC. Both my psychiatrist and OB did say that certain SSRIs are ok to use during pregnancy. Talk to your doc... maybe she can make some recommendations on what to try.
  • Sorry you have to put things on hold! I hope you get some answers soon and are able to make a decision that's right for you and your family!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married in May 2012
    TTC since August 2012
    BFP 3.2.13 EDD 11.11.13
    My Blog
  • imageAmyC925:
    FWIW, I'm also on prozac for anxiety and my obgyn wants me to stay on it whenever I do become pregnant. But definitely talk to your doctor.

This def gives me hope thanks
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersBabyFruit Ticker
  • imagewedding06:
    My doctors have all told me that Prozac and Zoloft are the safest. The one thing my Dr's kept saying though was that it is a toss up in terms of what is more damaging to a developing fetus: a medication or the constant anxiety/panic. I would be interested to know what your Dr's say. Good luck, waiting around sucks!

That seems to be mostly what the internet says also. Just read some aweful possible side effects but the risk percentage was very low.
  • Praying for you to find the best solution! My doc made me go off Zoloft a month before TTC. 
  • I am sorry you have to put TTC on hold. I hope everything works out.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My cousin is also on Prozac. She has been on it through 2 pregnancies. She also has severe panic disorder. She had extreme PPD after her first and her OB felt that the small chances of complications were not as severe as the risk of her harming herself.

Both of her pregnancies went wonderfully and she couldn't be happier. Don't feel as if you are out of the game just yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was on Prozac along with many other mental health medications and my OBGYN was completely ok with it. They were all class C medications. The only one I couldn't take was Ativan. My Dr said the benefits outweigh the risks so she wanted me to keep taking them. I think you'll be fine : good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sorry and I hope the best for you. I used to suffer from panic attacks and at times I was afraid to function without my medicine. I have been anxiety med free for several years now and rarely ever have an attack.
  • Sorry to hear that. Were you on medication before your first pregnancy or are the panic attacks a new development since having your child? I only ask because I was wondering what you did the first time. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks as well, so I know that it's not an easy thing to deal with.
    My Ovulation Chart Me-35, DH-39. TTC#1
  • My OB wanted me to switch from Paxil to Zoloft because we were TTC. She said that it would be worse on the baby for me to be off medication because I have some pretty serious anxiety issues.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I hope you find your answers soon! Hopefully you'll get a good answer from your doctor and will be able to resume TTC!
    <{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 <a href="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Trying to Conceive">BabyFruit Ticker}>
  • That sounds stressful.  I hope you get good news when you talk to your doctor.
  • I'm sorry you have to put your plans on hold.  FX that you get some answers soon and can get back on the TTC train

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Thanks ladies. I have an appointment next tuesday, af is due the next day so we will see if I have to cancel or not lol its just so hard being at a military clinic to get an appointment so i took the first they had. I guess I have to see my family doc for a pap and breast exam then get a referal to the womens clinic... new thing they are doing and its so effing stupid. After my research and hearing some other stories I am hopeful about continuing the meds. I know its case by case and i just dont see how i could take care of dd off of them and that is priority one
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"