August 2012 Moms

Further along?

I had my first appointment on Wednesday, and today I'm exactly 11 weeks. The midwife felt like I could be further along, based on the size of my uterus. How likely is it that I'm that much further along from my LMP date of 11/15? A friend of mine had the same doctor, and apparently they don't normally check for a heartbeat until 13-14 weeks (to not upset anyone if it isn't easily found) and she immediately checked mine without giving a second thought. I have my first ultra sound scheduled next Wednesday (soonest they had) and then my NT scan at Uni of Washington Medical on Friday. I just have my *fingers crossed* that I'm not too far along that I can't have the NT scan.

The more, I typed the more I found this to be more of a rant... My apologies, first time mom, so nervous and super excited! Hearing the heartbeat was amazing, and my SO was there for it :)

Re: Further along?

• Hey lady,

Congrats on your pregnancy! First, you probably wanted to post this on the Aug 2013 board instead of the August 2012 board but regardless, congrats! Secondly, not to scare you or get your hopes up but I had that same scenario and as you can tell from my siggy that measuring further along turned into something pretty magical and surprising!  Regardless of your outcome, enjoy that first ultrasound..you thought that hearing the heartbeat was amazing? Just wait until you SEE your baby's heart actually beating! Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is August 2012, but we all miss being KU, so I'll play.

I was given an initial EDD of 08/20 from my LMP, but when my ultrasound was done, I was given an EDD 08/10. He was born on his EDD. 

Next Wednesday will come sooner than you think! 

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone! Totally didn't even realize it wasn't the right year.... Such a space cadet lately!
  • Congrats! I live in WA too!!
    BFP #1 5/16/11 - M/C 5/20/11 BFP #2 7/26/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 7/28/11 BFP #3 8/31/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/10/11 (Worst Birthday Ever!!) BFP #4 12/3/11 DD born 8/13 Perfect in every way!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLiliDragon:
    imagednicole33:
    Thanks everyone! Totally didn't even realize it wasn't the right year.... Such a space cadet lately!
    Baby brain...it is real and it only gets worse. Good luck!! :]

Bah!! So true! I had the worst baby brain!

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At first I was all... Another aug12 bumpies is pegs?!?!
    Then I was like... FTM?? Derp.
    Then I was all OMGIMISSBEINGPREGNANT and ILLNEVERBEAFIRSTTIMEMOMAGAIN.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegarciasgal:
    At first I was all... Another aug12 bumpies is pegs?!?! Then I was like... FTM?? Derp. Then I was all OMGIMISSBEINGPREGNANT and ILLNEVERBEAFIRSTTIMEMOMAGAIN.

This is exactly, word for word, what I experienced reading this post.  OP, congratulations and enjoy!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"