1st Trimester
Options

First Dr. Appt

Not until I'm 10 weeks and with a nurse practitioner.  I will see OB the following month.  Is this normal?  Seems like a long time to wait.

Re: First Dr. Appt

• Options
    Good question. I was told my first visit with an OB will be when I'm 10.5 weeks along. I understand they want to see you between 8-10 months, (my general practitioner confirmed this) but I cannot wait to be seen! I'll be 6 weeks on Saturday, wish I could be seen right at 8, lol. Sorry, I am of no help!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

with my first. I only saw the actual doctor once which was at 8 mons. I saw the NP the whole pregnancy and my first appointment was at 12 weeks. but this time around I have a new doctor and they scheduled my first appointment for 7 weeks. so it all depends on the doctor you see. (my mother always says when talking to the doctor even if you are sure about everything always say your LMD was 1.5 weeks before it was cause then you get everything early but not to early that you can't tell gender on that ultrasound. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wont see my obgyn practice til I'm 8wks along, though luckily I am getting an early ultrasound then : My actual doctor appt is at 10wks.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    My OB will do my first ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days.  I was high risk during my last pregnancy due to GD, and have suffered a loss in the past.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekiraliz2:
    imagepalm513:

with my first. I only saw the actual doctor once which was at 8 mons. I saw the NP the whole pregnancy and my first appointment was at 12 weeks. but this time around I have a new doctor and they scheduled my first appointment for 7 weeks. so it all depends on the doctor you see. (my mother always says when talking to the doctor even if you are sure about everything always say your LMD was 1.5 weeks before it was cause then you get everything early but not to early that you can't tell gender on that ultrasound. 

Wait, what? Seriously?

I second that.   I think you should always disregard advice telling you to lie to your Dr.  Your date would just be moved after the first ultrasound anyway.  If you did manage to sneak it past them you end up looking later than you are.  What happens when you go into labor at 34.5 weeks  only they are not  worried because they think your at 36 weeks.  Holy Fing crap that is a bad idea.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"