1st Trimester
Options

Well played, universe, well played.

I work for a company with 2 busy, very popular restaurants.  Two Christmas seasons ago I was working 80 hour weeks, didn't have a day off in months, and lived on 3-4 quad shot lattes every day (one of the restaurants is fine dining, the other is a coffee shop/bistro - so, yeah, unlimited coffee access), plus whatever black coffee I refilled my cup with.  My caffeine intake was OUT OF CONTROL!  I had significantly cut back before this Christmas season because my work load was easier (got a new kickarse assistant) and mainly because I knew I wanted to TTC right after this last Christmas.  It was rough, but I made it down to 2 double lattes a day, rarely having caffeine on my days off. 

Then, as soon as I got pregnant, I cut down to 2 single shot lattes.  I had told both DH and my boss that I didn't think this pregnancy I would be able to go off caffeine completely, like I did with Elijah.

Well, now for the last two days, coffee makes me feel so extremely nauseated, I can't even drink it.  And I don't feel like I need it in the mornings (and considering I work at 5:30 AM, that's saying something).  Go figure.

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!

Re: Well played, universe, well played.

• Options

With my first pregnancy I couldn't stand the smell of coffee, even the small hint of the coffee smell you almost get at McDonalds made me sick. It was like EVERYTHING I liked I couldn't come within 10 feet of. No coffee, no chocolate, and no ice cream. 

• Options
    Right now, coffee smells like cat pee to me! lol! I"m not a coffee drinker anyway but it really smells when my husband makes a cup. I don't get sick. I just don't like the smell.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    yup, my caffeine is through pop and tea... coffee. is. gross
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm with you! Did not know how I would survive w/o coffee once I became pregnant, but ugh...the smell of it is repulsive to me right now. Guess that solves that problem. A few mornings ago, my husband had a cup in the car with us and I made him throw it out! The smell was taking over the entire car and I couldn't bear it. (p.s. My second favorite thing in the world, after coffee, is also repulsive to me right now. The smell can literally make me vomit. Bye bye bacon...)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagedanielleacole:
    I'm with you! Did not know how I would survive w/o coffee once I became pregnant, but ugh...the smell of it is repulsive to me right now. Guess that solves that problem. A few mornings ago, my husband had a cup in the car with us and I made him throw it out! The smell was taking over the entire car and I couldn't bear it. (p.s. My second favorite thing in the world, after coffee, is also repulsive to me right now. The smell can literally make me vomit. Bye bye bacon...)

Funny, because I am just waiting for the smell of bacon (the bistro is named Bacon and the fine dining restaurant is known for their bacon - the whole reason for Bacon being opened in the first place is because of their bacon.  Yeah, we go through A LOT of bacon in our kitchen!) to make me sick and pukey.  The only one of my bosses who knows yet (Bacon's head chef) is just waiting for it, too.  I didn't even think about the smell making me sick until he brought it up.

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"