September 2013 Moms
Options

Had our birth center orientation tonight!

I'm pretty freakin' excited! I had to go alone (DH was home with DD) but it was very informative and I got to see the birthing rooms. The nurse that was talking to us was like a best friend and I'm sure all the MFs and nurses are like that, which is totally different than my hospital birth. Very much looking forward to a completely different birth experience! 

Re: Had our birth center orientation tonight!

• Options
    Awesome, glad it went well!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    Mine's coming up on Thursday! This gets me so excited!
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When is the best time to go for these tours? I am currently in my 1st trimester so I am wondering should I wait until my 2nd or 3rd?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagePythonDawn:
    When is the best time to go for these tours? I am currently in my 1st trimester so I am wondering should I wait until my 2nd or 3rd?

This wasn't a tour. It was a birth center orientation. Big difference. Hospital tours are done during the 3rd tri. They are designed to show you where to drop mom off and where to park the car. 

Birth centers do orientations early, before your first appt in most cases (actually our center will do orientation for non-pregnant couples too). The orientation was super informative. We talked about the differences between a MW and an OB, what each prenatal appt. would be like, how a birth center birth differs from a hospital birth, what kind of care you receive post-partum, how your pregnancy will be different with a MW-approach instead of an OB. That type of thing.

• Options
    imageOpheliaChem:

imagePythonDawn:

This wasn't a tour. It was a birth center orientation. Big difference. Hospital tours are done during the 3rd tri. They are designed to show you where to drop mom off and where to park the car. 

Birth centers do orientations early, before your first appt in most cases (actually our center will do orientation for non-pregnant couples too). The orientation was super informative. We talked about the differences between a MW and an OB, what each prenatal appt. would be like, how a birth center birth differs from a hospital birth, what kind of care you receive post-partum, how your pregnancy will be different with a MW-approach instead of an OB. That type of thing.

Well neato, I learned something new! Back home in Winnipeg, Canada they don't have birth centers, just hospitals.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"