Trying to Get Pregnant

Okay, sorry for yet another OPK question...

Both my lines on my OPK tests have been really pale. I don't drink that much water during the day (like I should), so I don't think that's it. It's really hard to tell if the lines are the same or different when they're pale. Should I soak the end for longer than the instructed 10 seconds?

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
Married July 2010
DC #1 Oct 2013
DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Okay, sorry for yet another OPK question...

• What brand do you use? 

I use Wondfos. Both of the lines are supposed to be dark for it to be a positive, you're only supposed to soak it for 3 sec., and i use morning urine. I don't know if this helps, but i'm not sure if it's different for other opk's. 

• If the control line is pale then you likely have a test or batch of tests that just have less dye in them.  If the control line is dark and the test line pale, then you're not ovulating, but if the control line is pale then you judge the test line against that level and if it's as dark as or darker than the control line it should be considered positive.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • So you have a picture of one?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
    ~Trying for our rainbow baby~
    Me: 33 Him: 34
    Not preventing since 1/1/2012
    BFP #1 1/21/12 mmc @ 9wks d&c 3/5/12
    TTA until 9/1/12
    2 AO/irregular cycles Oct/Nov with abnormal TSH b/w
    Started TTC again 12/1/12
    BFP #2 12/31/2012 c/p 1/5/13
  • The brand is Answer. A friend gave me a kit she didn't end up needing. The directions said to dip it for 10 seconds. I will try to figure out how to upload a picture. I know how to read them, but they have been just so pale.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"