Parenting

I want to remove my skin

I've been having a contact dermatitis reaction on my legs since Monday.

Sunday night I used a lotion I hadn't used in a few months. Previously I had no issues with it.

I've been showering twice a day, no soap. I've cleaned my sheets and towels and clothes with the dye free, scent free detergent I always use, an have everything an extra rinse just in case. I've been eating normally. I've been using anti itch cream and Benadryl and Claritin.

I'm so miserable. It's just on my legs. They feel so hot and itchy and horrible. The rashes are huge and cover my legs. They look just like the other contact allergies I've had, but those cleared up in 24 hours after allergy meds.

I'm going to call my pcp in the morning, unless someone has a genius idea that makes my legs stop.

image image

Re: I want to remove my skin

• Heat rash? Have you tried aquafor?
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • Avoid heat. Hot showers = baaaad. Heat induces swelling, which makes it worse. Cool cloths are better.

I get CD on my hands a lot and Aveeno's hydrocortisone cream works nicely (oatmeal soothes almost instantly, cortisone works in a few minutes).

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • H uses Cortizone 10 on his itchy skin,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Could it be excema? Maybe you are washing too often and drying your skin out. Have you tried unscented Aveeno lotion?

I'm sorry, that sounds miserable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageWufroggy79:
    H uses Cortizone 10 on his itchy skin,

That's what I've been using. I used to get full body reactions to the water when we were out of the country and that stuff worked.

Nada right now. I'm going to make a cool oatmeal bath, then try cool cloths, and then try to sleep. This is flipping ridiculous.

I was worried it was Knarla, but I would think I'd have it on my hands and arms, where I touch her. She hasn't been on my legs at all.

image image
  • imagetarebear9891:
    Could it be excema? Maybe you are washing too often and drying your skin out. Have you tried unscented Aveeno lotion?

I'm sorry, that sounds miserable!

It doesn't look like DS's excema. I'm kind of terrified to try a new lotion right now. I rarely change shampoos or body washes bc my skin freaks out. We have aveeno for my son's skin. I guess it can't get WORSE at this point.

DH and a med school buddy both agree it looks like CD, but have no tips beyond what I tried. Med school fails at teaching practical knowledge.

image image
  • imageRondackHiker:
    imagetarebear9891:
    Could it be excema? Maybe you are washing too often and drying your skin out. Have you tried unscented Aveeno lotion? I'm sorry, that sounds miserable!
    It doesn't look like DS's excema. I'm kind of terrified to try a new lotion right now. I rarely change shampoos or body washes bc my skin freaks out. We have aveeno for my son's skin. I guess it can't get WORSE at this point. DH and a med school buddy both agree it looks like CD, but have no tips beyond what I tried. Med school fails at teaching practical knowledge.
    I'm cracking up at your last line. I'm in respiratory school but my own kid gets a fever and i freak out and forget what to do. Lol
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • imageJ+MS:
    imageRondackHiker:

DH and a med school buddy both agree it looks like CD, but have no tips beyond what I tried. Med school fails at teaching practical knowledge.
    I'm cracking up at your last line. I'm in respiratory school but my own kid gets a fever and i freak out and forget what to do. Lol

It's ridiculous. He can intubated and run a code,but he didn't do any derm rotations so he only knows book crap and what he saw in his peds rotation for skin. It's a good thing he's not going into derm.

image image
  • I would try washing your clothes/sheets in a different non scent brand. Even thought that one is soft and free you might be having a reaction to something in it. I had a friend who this happened too.

• imagemamathefox:
    I would try washing your clothes/sheets in a different non scent brand. Even thought that one is soft and free you might be having a reaction to something in it. I had a friend who this happened too.

Wouldn't it be all over though? I was thinking lotion since I slathered it all over my legs.

Ugh. I buy detergent in huge bins. I'm halfway through this one. I don't want to buy more. My legs need to get the eff over themselves.

image image
  • I'm honestly going to scream and rip the skin off my legs.

Or go sit in a cold bath again. That helped for a little while.

WTF legs. Stoooooooop it.

image image
  • I get hives when I am really stressed. Could that be a possibility? Just throwing it out there. I was overwhelmed  work a couple weeks ago and broke out all over. I took a bath with epsom salts and it help with the itching some.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I'm on mobile and a newbie on this board, so I have no clue how many babies you have or if you BF, but I tried everything for DS' ezcema and nothing worked. We have a slew of lotions and creams that all failed to do the job. I EP, so I put some breast milk on it and it was gone two days later.
    A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"