September 2012 Moms

Update on Nate's eyeball

Well, he didn't have to get admitted to the hospital (thank goodness!) The on-call emerg doctor was amazingly nice and comforting. He checked out his eye and did say it was one of the more severe cases of Pink eye he'd seen but didn't feel the need to do the IV drip. He said he didn't want to keep a baby at a hospital if it wasn't necessary so after a long wait to see the hosptial's pedi, he agreed and we were sent home with ointment and oral antibiotics.

I could see a difference in the swelling after the first ointment application, so that makes me feel a lot better. As long as we see improvement by Saturday, we should be in the clear.

Thank you all so much for your T&P's, it was so nice of everyone. Rora is right, when one of us is down, we rally the troops! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Update on Nate's eyeball

• yay Nate! hoping for a speedy recovery.

(Kate & Dave)) 4.26.08
    (N.J.O) 9.14.12

• imageLoveLossHopeRepeat:
    SO glad you didn't have to be admitted! And thrilled that the ointment is already helping. I hope Nate is back to 100 percent soon!

this! hope he feels better!

Liam Dean | 09.11.12 | 6lbs 13oz

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • YAY!! So glad to hear that he is giong to be OK. Hope he recovers quickly.

• Glad you are back home. Hope you all have a good night.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I'm so glad he's improving and didn't have to stay over! Lily had a minor case this week, and a friend actually recommended squirting a little breastmilk in her eye after each feeding, which I did and noticed a difference in less than 12 hours. I can't remember if you're BF or not, but if you are, it might be worth a shot (in addition to the ointment and meds, of course)!
    Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • imageShazzie116:
    I'm so glad he's improving and didn't have to stay over! Lily had a minor case this week, and a friend actually recommended squirting a little breastmilk in her eye after each feeding, which I did and noticed a difference in less than 12 hours. I can't remember if you're BF or not, but if you are, it might be worth a shot in addition to the ointment and meds, of course!

Thank you for the tip; we are BF'ing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• That's great! Hope he feels better soon.

• Glad to hear it!
  • Hope you all have a great night and everything is much better in the morning!

View Full Size Image

• imagejaimenamie:
    imageShazzie116:
    I'm so glad he's improving and didn't have to stay over! Lily had a minor case this week, and a friend actually recommended squirting a little breastmilk in her eye after each feeding, which I did and noticed a difference in less than 12 hours. I can't remember if you're BF or not, but if you are, it might be worth a shot in addition to the ointment and meds, of course!
    Thank you for the tip; we are BF'ing!

It's odd, but I just give her a little squirt and she always ends up rubbing it in herself. Then I just dab off whatever got on her cheek or forehead or nose. haha

Met DH - Aug 2001 :: Married - Jan 2010 :: DD born - Sept 2012

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • imageLoveLossHopeRepeat:
    SO glad you didn't have to be admitted! And thrilled that the ointment is already helping. I hope Nate is back to 100 percent soon!

All of this. Hangin there!

• Good news!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So glad to hear you didn't have to be admitted! FX that his eye gets better asap! Feel better little dude.
  • Get better soon Nate!

• Great news, thanks for the update.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad you didn't have to stay! Hope he is on the mend soon!!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • I missed the original post, but I'm so glad he's ok!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Great to hear- hope he feels better soon!
  • Aw, Nate! I'm so glad you guys didn't have to stay over in the hospital! That's great that the ountment already seems to be working! FX that he continues to get better!
  • Glad he is doing better already. I second Shaz - BM is a miracle worker. It can't hurt right?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"