September 2013 Moms

Healthy meals?

I'm trying to eat healthier but i'm having a hard time! Anyone have any tips or healthy recipes they'd like to share? I'm not a big veggie fan but tonight i'm adding broccoli to my meal.
Married: 9.21.2010
TTC since: September 2010
BFP 1/18/2013 - beta #1 - 174
1/21/2013 beta #2 - 705

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Healthy meals?

• I like to check out Pinterest for healthy meal ideas! So much yummy stuff!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sparkpeople. Com has easy and healthy recipes. They also have a great cookbook that I use often! 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If you're trying to get more veggies- try mixing them into other things you eat like soups, pasta sauce, stir frys, casseroles, tacos or burritos, etc.  My DH isn't a huge veggie person, but doesn't notice much if I mix them into other things.

Right now I'm loving soup- it's nice and warm, doesn't make me nauseous, and most soups are really healthy.  The salt is probably not helping my bloat, but you can't win em all :P 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love pizza lunchables...yes I know Im like a child.  I found on pinterest that you can make grown up pizza lunchables by using pita bread, a little bit of tomato sauce, and shredded cheese.  I put it in my lunch for work today and it was very satisfying.  

my read shelf:
    Nicole's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

Vacation
  • Try any recipe from thegraciouspantry.com. They are healthy and fab!!
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Good ideas ladies! Thanks! For dinner I just made lemon/herb pork chops, corn, and I put some olive oil and seasoning on broccoli and baked it. I like asparagus but only if it's seasoned and grilled so I tried that same method with the broccoli and it was a success!
    Married: 9.21.2010
    TTC since: September 2010
    BFP 1/18/2013 - beta #1 - 174
    1/21/2013 beta #2 - 705

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was just about to suggest the puree idea.
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"