December 2012 Moms

Day care/child care issues

Anyone else having issues with this?

Way back when I was only 4 months pregnant we sat down with a day care provider in our area and did the intro-chat/tour thing. We asked about paying a deposit or signing a paper but she said no need, just call when it gets closer to due date & keep her updated as to our timeline. Called about a month & a half before I gave birth & she confirmed we were on track for child care starting in January. LO was born Dec 11th, called her a week later to let her know & confirm when he'd be needing to start & she told me "Oh we won't have room for him until maybe March at the earliest because we took So&so's little baby brother a few months ago."

Say wha?! Why the heck didn't she tell me that "a few months ago" when I called to confirm or give me a call & let me know she'd given away the spot.

I've been back at work for most of January and only by the good grace & patience of my boss, we've been cobbling together childcare between a handful of friends & family but its pretty much a day-by-day Russian Roulette and I haven't been able to work a full day yet!

I have called every day care in the area that i know of, called the handful of in-home places that we've gotten good recommendations and I've struck out every single time.Either they don't have a spot, he's too young (min age 3/6/18 months, etc.) or they'll have to get back to me in a week or more to see if Baby X starts as planned or not.

I have never seen the appeal of being a SAHM until now.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
image image image

Re: Day care/child care issues

• I'm sorry! That really stinks! I really wouldn't want my LO with a day care provider that cared so little about my situation. A heads up that the spot was filled would have been the least she could have done.

BTW being a SAHM is awesome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Ugh! We were told something similar, but decided to go with a different option so we didnt call back. They probably expect that is what happens with most who call ... can you use one of the in home until March?
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, talk about unprofessional.. They could have at least given you a heads up!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"