1st Trimester
Options

2nd baby!

Hi, so I'm 9weeks pregnant with my second child and I'm wondering what everyone ate? I'm not skinny, I'm sorta a bit "chunkier".. Basically just gained about 20 pounds AFTER my first child and I couldn't keep it off.. Now I'm just wondering what are some healthy alternatives to junk food.. If I can help it I don't want to gain any weight that ISN'T normal.. And I KNOW your suppose to gain weight duh.. I just don't want to be the person to eat crap food and gain more weight then is healthy.. But ya! Let me know your cravings.. Good food choices, maybe a bit of treats.. I'm going to start my good food kick this weekend!! Tons of veggies, fruit, protein.. Wooohoooo
photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif

Re: 2nd baby!

• Options

OMG! Eddy's Strawberry (with real fruit) popsicles are AMAZING!!!! Completely soothe a sweet toothe, and I for one, am NOT a girl whose sweet toothe is usually soothed by fruit! LOL

There are bits of strawberry in it so it takes you awhile to eat it and it feels more filling. LOVE THEM!

Congrats and good luck!

• Options

Today I ate 1/2 cup greek yogurt (double the protein), 1/2 cup blueberries, with 1 T ground flax seed sprinkled over (Omega fatty acids, baby!) the top for breakfast, a spinach salad with feta (pasteurized), almonds, and dried cherries and balsamic vinegar and 1/2 a turkey panini (I know, listeria, but the turkey was cooked through again), for snack some coconut covered cashews.  Lots of water and peppermint tea in between meals.  For dinner I'm making stuffed peppers.

I was heavier when I was pregnant with my first, but I ate really healthy and only when I was hungry (of course, it helped that I craved fresh fruits and vegetables).  I kept sweets to a minimum (indulge here and there, but certainly not everyday).  I did end up losing some weight while I was pregnant, but my doctor said as long as I wasn't trying to lose weight and was eating well, she wasn't concerned.  The day I went into labor, I weighed 1 pound less than at my first appointment.

I plan on eating lots of black beans, lentils, lean beef, quinoa, greek yogurt, fruits, vegetables, soups (not cream based), salads as meals, etc.

Sisters:  Now and then.

imageimage

Elijah's 1st day of Kindergarten!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eat decent meals, drink lots of water and brush your teeth after each meal. With clean teeth it's easier to resist eating crap.
    imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Ahhh those sounds delicious! K well those are a MUST now hahaha thanks
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"