September 2013 Moms

stop stealing my thunder! - Vent about people with big mouths!

so I am fuming...I made DH swear not to tell our one set of friends about the baby because I know the husband has a huge mouth...after our appointment today I gave in, and DH called him.  We decided to tell one other set of friends the news as well, as they knew we were TTC...when I called her , the first words out of her mouth was: Congratulations!!! F just called to say your are pregnant!!! I am p*ss*d!!!! This was MY news to share!!! So I made DH call him and tell him to please not tell anyone - first word out of his mouth: Never , I can keep a secret!!! urgh!!!! Sorry for the long rant!!!!

Re: stop stealing my thunder! - Vent about people with big mouths!

• Ugh my sister in law did that. It sucks. People should be more understanding
  • Argh! That is so aggravating!! I would be pissed too! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

photo f67a54b1-ddce-4538-bf7e-65a79c0165f1_zps84df8eb7.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • The exact same thing happened to us too. Our friend's excuse for telling our other friends was that he thought it would be ok because they don't talk to anyone else that we know.

• That's exactly why were are waiting to tell my mom. She can't keep her mouth shut
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imagemagdalina.h:
    That's exactly why were are waiting to tell my mom. She can't keep her mouth shut

Same here.  My parents will probably be the last people to find out.  

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That is awful!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• imagemagdalina.h:
    That's exactly why were are waiting to tell my mom. She can't keep her mouth shut

This. If you're known for a big mouth, you'll be the last to know. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My mom started texting before I could even finish the sentence. Luckily it was just her work friends and no one else. Oh and then a few hours later she has the nerve to tell me not to post anything on FB about it until I am further along. UM OBVIOUSLY!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That happened to me with my sister in law with my first pregnancy. I ended up miscarrying and got alot of congrats texts after the fact. We got in a huuuuge argument and now she knows better then to tell my business :)
  • My mom has been telling everyone she runs into I'm from a very small town but don't live there anymore. Ive had two healthy pregnancies so she just assumes everything will be done with this one too and it annoys me to no end! I'm so scared that something is going to happen and I will have to untell everyone she has told!
  • Extremely frustrating. Also happened to us last time round (SIL). I don't understand why people don't get it- not just the fact that it isn't their news to share but when it's early in the game there is good reason to keep it to yourself. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is so frustrating.  We haven't told anyone yet, but my sister started telling family that I wasn't drinking when we last hung out.  On what planet do these people think that this is appropriate?

ETA: typo

TTC#1 since October 2012
    BFP#1 EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah I'd be mad too! With DD, we found out it was a girl and the very next day, one of DH's friend's wives (one I don't care for) bought us a bunch of girl clothes. We didn't even have a chance to go buy our first "girl" outfit before she did. Petty, but I was mad!

• ugh that sucks. who does that? I mean, they not only let it slip but they went out of their way to call people to tell them YOUR news. wow

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • These people need to be throat punched.  Seriously.  WTF.  

I'm sorry you had to deal with asshats sharing news that is only YOURS/YH to share.  

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
  • My SIL did this to us with our last pregnancy. We only told immediate family at 6 weeks then waited to tell extended family at 12 weeks, even though we are extremely close to Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, we just didn't want to have to 'un-tell' as many people. Well, SIL told everyone, to the point that random people were congratulating me at a family birthday party. DH was devastated that he wasn't the first to tell his grandparents, whom he is very close to. 

I was SO upset and we aren't telling any family till 12 weeks this time around. And when we do (even though SIL keeps asking). And when we do, I will make a point of saying that we didn't want a repeat of last time!

• My sister made me promise to tell her right after my ultrasound... SHE TOOK IT TO FACEBOOK. PURPOSELY.

I wanted to wait until after we called ALL of the important family and she put it on facebook and when I confronted her, she was like "yeah, I knew it wasn't on facebook yet." and My Mom was like "calm down." I was so upset that I ended up yelling at my mom that it was NOT my sisters place to post it on facebook. that was my news to share, and before I could even post a decent picture... She went and outed us. 

Also - my Mom doesn't understand how I can still be mad almost a week later...

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I told my sister when I first found out I was pregnant. I asked her not to tell anyone until we found if everything was good. I got a call on my birthday from my mom wishing me a happy birthday and how she was NOT happy I was pregnant again and especially at my age! I asked her how she found out and she said "Oh you know... your sister told me. In fact she told everyone!" Found out she told my dad, my mother, step-parents, other siblings. I am sure if she had my MIL/FIL's # she would have called them.

When I confronted her she said that she never told anyone... right, you all live in the same small town in Canada and I live in the greater Seattle area and you are telling me that they just found out throw the wind blowing through town? *eye roll* So needless to say, I know exactly how you feel and I am rightfully ticked off!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I completely understand! This is my second pregnancy and my last pregnancy ended in a MC at 6 and a half weeks the day after we told everyone. It was so horrible to have to tell everyone that soon after letting the cat out of the bag! This time we decided to only tell very close family until the 13 week mark, but my sister in law's sister (Who I thought was close to me) decided that even though she was informed of my previous pregnancy and asked not to tell anyone she decided to blab to our entire church. And then she had the nerve to say she never told but that it wasn't a big deal because I was going to pop out a baby eventually and everyone should know before then! This coming from a woman who had 2 perfect by the books pregnancy and has never experienced the pain of a very publicized MC! I could have and still could just wring her neck for it! I'm not sure I will ever be able to forgive her or consider her close again, people just don't care how other people feel anymore. It's their way or the high way! >:(
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"