TTC after 35

Weight Watchers anyone? (XP)

I joined WW this week at the new center close to work. I bought a monthly pass so I would have etools etc...

backstory: I lost 60lbs on the old program and slowly gained it back over the past few years. My RE and I discussed my weight and he was nice, just said if I ever move to IVF he would want me to lose about 25lbs first. So I need to take care of that now just in case. Also I really want to be healthier and if I get KU, have a healthy pregnancy. My RE said WW was a great program for me to do while TTC and doing fertility treatments (as long as I didn't lose more than 2-lbs a week).

questions:

1. how are you doing with points plus? Successes? Do you attend meetings or do it online?

2. Does doing Fertility treatments ( injecttibles specifically) mess with your weigh ins... meaning does your weight fluctuate a lot on meds? Just don't know what to expect with that... don't want to feel discouraged if I go in one week and I am up 3lbs.

Any other comments/suggestions with WW? Thanks ladies!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
- poor responder
***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
FET 5/20- BFP
1st Beta- 641
2nd beta- 2166
Sono- TWINS!!!!
Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

Re: Weight Watchers anyone? (XP)

• I lost 25 lbs on Points Plus over about 2.5 months, and I was doing online only - I'm too self-conscious about my weight to go to meetings. I really love the plan.

I can't answer your questions about WW and fertility treatments. Sorry!

"Don't look back, you can never look back." - Don Henley
  • I think I will goto WW after my egg retrieval. I have a few weeks before my transfer and want to lose 8 to 10 lbs. I've done WW in the past and it works for me. The elliptical 45 minutes a day, every day, works best of all.

Injectables usually put some weight on and my RE doesn't allow major dieting during an ivf cycle. She agreed to following WW if I'm not losing more than 1 lb a week. Currently, I just write down everything I eat (so I don't over eat) and I take a 45 minute walk everyday. I was doing yoga earlier in the cycling, but now my abdomen is a little too sore for all the twists and squeezing in yoga. 

My RE says a BMI under 28 is best for IVF.

Good Luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • I've lost 60lbs on the pro points sytem. I put around 10lbs back on over Christmas between seasonal eating and being stressed about some health eating.

I'm super disapppointed in myself but getting back on track now.

I really like the pro points. I did the old system years ago too. I have had to relearn some values of some foods, but other than it's pretty similar.

I do it online because I have zero time to get to a meeting, and zero interest in being lined up and weighed.

I can't answer your other questions about WW and fertility treatments. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• I have been contemplating joining WW again, lost 50lbs on it 6 years ago, gained it all back. I tried suggesting to DH that we should join (he only needs to lose15-25) me alot more.....men can be so difficult!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• hah yes my DH is all or nothing on dieting... he is either starving or gorging.... I just want a healthy balanced diet! He got so ticked I joined WW and wouldn't do atkins with him. I did atkins with him and I was th eonly one who stuck to it and I HATED it!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"