Trying to Get Pregnant

TTC and two questions (after stopping bc mid month)

Hello all!  Here's my question.  I have been taking bc consistantly for 2 years since my daughter was born 11/1/10.  1/13/13 was supposed to be my first day on my new bc pack.  I did not have the Rx, so I delayed it for one week  (1/20/13).  My husband and I had intercourse one time that week without protection (he pulled out, but wasn't entirely successful). I started my new pack on 1/20/13 and my husband and I just decided to go off of the bc 1/28/13. I have NOT have a period yet since stopping mid pack (which I have read is what i'm supposed to do) and two tests are negative (which i'm sure it's early and possibly not pregnant).  I DO have symptoms of pregnancy (fatigue, sickness, and odd cravings - which happened with my 1st before all tests were positive).  If not pregnant now, has anyone gotten pregnant quick after going off bc?  My first child we conceived first time we had intercourse after going off the pill.  Any tips, suggestions?  I always remember being obsessive with pregnancy and whatnot playing the "wait game". 

Re: TTC and two questions (after stopping bc mid month)

• imageCLECyclist:

I would not have stopped mid-pack. That alone can mess with your hormones/cycles. Cycles can take a little bit of time to even out once you go off BCP. Also, PMS Symptoms are almost identical to pregnancy symptoms. They will be amplified since BCP minimizes symptoms for most, so you may notice it more.

I hope you get a BFP soon.

This. Your body is probably just taking some time to get used to having the hormones stopped so abruptly.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you.  I know I shouldn't have.  I felt like I already messed it up initially, so I was only on it for about 8 days total after I skipped the week accidently.  I forgot how much I obsess about this, and hope to find someone going through what I am.
  • Loading the player...
  • Your body is probably just trying to adjust itself. I did get pregnant with our first just from missing a couple pills though. Then with our second I got pregnant 3 months after I stopped BCP. I'd wait a week and take another test. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"