1st Trimester
Options

Extreme baby brain? I'm only 9.5w prego and feel like an idiot

Hi.  I'm only 9 and 1/2 w pregnant and I feel like an absolute idiot.  I work in a law firm and correspond with clients and outside parties frequently via email, etc.  I find that my emails are missing words, or complete sentences that I am certain I typed... I also find that my mind goes completely blank several times a day.  Anyone else going through something similar?  Any tips or tricks to alleviate my feelings of extreme idiocy?  Tongue Tied  Can I expect to feel this way for the next 6+mos?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Extreme baby brain? I'm only 9.5w prego and feel like an idiot

• Options
    lol! I ran into clients earlier this week that I have known for 5 years...I see them often...and could not remember their names for the life of me!! I also only half responded to a contract the other day...I am 9.5 weeks too....I hope it gets better:)
  • Options
    It will get better! lol

It completely rocks when everyone knows and you can blame mommy brain all the time.. even when it's not the cause : )
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    haha yes, I've been suffering with "mommy brain" too!
  • Options
    imageInkayos:

Can I expect to feel this way for the next 6+mos?

Pretty much! :)

• Options
    imagevintageutopia:
    imageInkayos:

Can I expect to feel this way for the next 6+mos?

Pretty much! :)

I hate to say it, but I think it lasts long after the birth :T I've had it extra bad lately too, mine is coupled with an urge to cry in frustration every time I realize something stupid I did. I have to talk myself down like a little kid, "just breathe, relax, it's no biggie." Ha, I'm a mess!

DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

• Options
    oh lord yes i am haveing prenancy brain  bad at times  i can go to the pantry and know what i want to get  i get there and i go blank  or leaveing the water running for dishes im thankfull my sink tilts a little or else my floor would be super clean daily
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I forget things a lot. I left our food the other day outside... Yep all my groceries. I found myself putting things that don't belong in the fridge too. And forgetting things I normally never would. I'm a scatter brain
  • Options
    I had this with my 2nd child but not with my first. I had some pretty derpy moments such as leaving a plastic rubbermaid container full of cupcakes in the oven. The next day I turned on the oven and melted the container and cupcakes inside the oven. The smell was terrible so I had to open all my windows in the dead of winter (brrrr!) then I realized that my oven was toast. So I ended up having to pay to get another one. I am sure there are other moments but I have long since forgotten about them. This one moment my sister who was living with me at the time, won't ever let me live it down. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"