September 2013 Moms

UTI?

So, I am wondering if I have a UTI...I had some sharp, semi intense cramping for a few hours, which has since ended. I also noticed I have been peeing like every 15 to 30 mins, which is a lot even for me, and I drink a lot of water so tend to go a lot. I don't have any pain but have been noticing a lot of discharge today. I have had UTIs before without knowing or having pain, only finding out when I had to give a urine sample at an annual exam. Anyone else had a UTI early in their pregnancy? I was mostly worried about the cramping, although it seems to have stopped. What were your symptoms?
TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UTI?

• It's hard to say- pelvic cramping, frequent urination, and vaginal discharge are all really common pregnancy symptoms.  UTIs are more commonly associated with it burning when you pee, but like you said, you won't always have symptoms.  I would check whether you have a fever (can have a UTI without though) and call your doc.  It's better to be safe than sorry, since untreated UTIs are dangerous during pregnancy.  If you have a fever, even more important to get seen right away.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Cramping and urgency to urinate frequently are also signs of pregnancy. Before my bfp I thought I had a bladder infection due to pelvic pressure and urinating a lot. Then, I realized that 1). I'm pregnant and 2). My urine was clear. Usually with bladder/UTI the urine is cloudy, maybe darker than normal, smells bad. If you're worried, safest bet is to call your Dr. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My doctor called me earlier this week and said that my urine sample showed I had a bladder infection. I have no symptoms at all (she said it might be early on). I have been put on Macrobid. I would say that if you think you might have one, it doesn't hurt to get it checked out so you can start taking something ASAP. Apparently they are common during pregnancy. Anyone else experience bladder infections/UTI's during pregnancy?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageceebeetee:
    So, I am wondering if I have a UTI...I had some sharp, semi intense cramping for a few hours, which has since ended. I also noticed I have been peeing like every 15 to 30 mins, which is a lot even for me, and I drink a lot of water so tend to go a lot. I don't have any pain but have been noticing a lot of discharge today. I have had UTIs before without knowing or having pain, only finding out when I had to give a urine sample at an annual exam. Anyone else had a UTI early in their pregnancy? I was mostly worried about the cramping, although it seems to have stopped. What were your symptoms?

I had one during my first pregnancy and didn't even know it. It wasn't a big deal and the doc just prescribed me something to knock it out. I go in for a u/s tomorrow and I think I will ask them to check because startling today I've had some stinging and Itchiness.
  • thanks all for your advice.  fortunately (or unfortunately for my ego) i think i am ok....i realized that the cramping was, ahem, intestinal issues, after passing gas then feeling SO MUCH BETTER.  arg!  please dont flame me!  i am embarrassed just typing this! especially since this is not my first pregnancy.  i was peeing waaay more than normal, even pregnant normal, so i will watch out over the next couple of days, but i think for now i'm fine. 
    TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
    BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"