Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

NTTGPR: Facebook and friends

Anyone NOT on facebook?

I dropped it over a year ago because I was in the middle of school and was getting distracted. Turned out to be the best thing I could have ever done for my GPA ( and self esteem). 

Anyway, my best friend ( who is super busy ) gets on me for still not having it. She will blame me not getting updates on her life because I am not on facebook. For example: her possible divorce. 

My question is does anyone else feel like things are getting a little too personal or, in my case, impersonal? Lets all just bring back AOL

a/s/l ???Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NTTGPR: Facebook and friends

• Options

I think it's ridiculous that your friend would be mad that you didn't hear about her potential divorce on Facebook. There's no way that sh!t would make it into one of my status updates.

DH's cousin stopped talking to MIL when MIL didn't call her to say her condolences after her miscarriage. The only way MIL would've found out? Facebook (yep that's how our ENTIRE family found out). Who doesn't have Facebook? MIL. By the time I found out and told her, too late. Ridiculous behavior by an adult.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My DH quit facebook a long time ago and thinks it is the worst.

Lately, I tend to agree. I thought about closing my account entirely but I do enjoy some of my fb interactions so I'm thinking of drastically reducing my friends list.

So much of what people post is just useless drivel that I don't care at all about!

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerunningpenguin:

I think it's ridiculous that your friend would be mad that you didn't hear about her potential divorce on Facebook.

RIGHT?  She claims that between kids and work she doesn't have time to call and give me full on updates. Huh?  Well what about an EMAIL??  That is a little more personal than a vague update status. What was I suppose to do? Read her "sigh life" status and comment? 

I wouldn't have anyways. I would have CALLED HER. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ugh, one of my closest friends back home in the UK shared that she was pregnant on facebook and Im like thats all well and good but what if I didnt check it? I would not have known. A little email or call wouldnt have gone astray.

My cell reception isnt wonderful at our new house and I joked to hubby last night that people could be married, having babies, dying and I wouldnt know about it...all because I didnt check FB. I was joking but its true...

• Options
    imageAjoyd:

My DH quit facebook a long time ago and thinks it is the worst.

Lately, I tend to agree. I thought about closing my account entirely but I do enjoy some of my fb interactions so I'm thinking of drastically reducing my friends list.

So much of what people post is just useless drivel that I don't care at all about!

I did this. I kept only 100 of my closest family/friends on the list. I'm so glad that I did because it has eliminated so many ridiculous posts! :)

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Options

People who talk about their pending divorce on FB are dumb, and therefore I wouldn't care if they were mad at me or not. 

But, I'm a super-oversharer on the internet, so...

::backs out of thread:: 

imageimage
    BFP # 1- DS ~ TTC #2 since Jan. 2012 - BFP # 2 - "Baby Elsie" - Blighted Ovum - D&C August 22, 2012 at 7w3d, BFP # 3 - CP - December 30, 2012, BFP # 4 - CP - March 19, 2013 ~ First RE Appt. 4/24/13 Med cycle #1: 50mg Clomid and Trigger shot = BFN. Med. Cycle #2: 6 cysts found. No meds/rest cycle. Trying on our own = BFP # 5! Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 129 Beta #3 = 94 - CP - July 2, 2013. BFP # 6! Beta#1 = 21, Beta#2 =58 Beta#3 = 134. U/S shows heartbeat of 142 at 7w2d!
  • Options

I barely get on FB anymore, because every time I get on, there either one friend or another complaining about her pregnancy in one way or another. FB has just become a place to air dirty laundry, and I can't stand it. I got into it with my cousin (through private messages) about the stuff she's saying about her son and daughter-in-law on FB.

• Options

I think that people do over share quite a bit on FB. I, for one, do not. And I end up blocking people that do ::cough, cough family: I can't unfriend them because holy drama! But I can ignore them. 

I like to use it to share updates of my kid and keep track of my friends' kids. Anything truly personal, I email or call the individual.

It's kind of sad that people think everyone wants to know their "dirty laundry" via a social networking site.  

__________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    imageKylieCamp13:

Lets all just bring back AOL a/s/l ???Wink 

Haha!!!

DH's best friend isn't on it and thinks it's stupid...which he lets us know about everything FB is brought up in a conversation. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image
  • Options
    I quit Facebook a year and a half ago. I hated finding stuff out in such an impersonal way and hated feeling like I had to share so much of my life. Half of them were people I could've cared less about anyways. I think I will sign up again as my dog when I get my BFP, but only to keep family updated. Other than that, I LOVE not have it.
    KLS1003.2

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    About two years ago, Facebook was driving me insane. I had so many "friends" and their constant status updates were annoying. A lot of the time I found myself reading the newsfeed and thinking about how little I really cared about all of those people. So I deleted everything (notes, pictures, etc) deactivated my account, and took a break. When I was ready, a made a completely new account with my married name (so that old friends I didn't want to add back couldn't find me) and only added back 40 people. I refuse to add my parents or my MIL and I don't add people I wouldn't pick up the phone to call.
  • Options
    I deleted mine for a few months and it was nice. I have it now because I can update relatives who live far away easily. I don't expect people to follow my Facebook updates so I'll usually ask if they've read something before telling them about it. I have close friends and family on mine. Somewhere around 75 people, but my husband and I have big families. If I haven't talked to them recently, they're deleted. I feel like deleting it a lot, but my stepdaughter's grandparents really like seeing pictures of her every couple days and updates since they only see her every few weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"