Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Need advice from women who've miscarried naturally tmi

So I am 99.9 sure I am experiencing my 2nd miscarriage 3rd loss. I had a missed miscarriage in October 2007. I was 12 weeksvand baby had died at 8 weeks. I had a dc a few days later. In 2009 I had an ectopic that blew out my right tube. In Oct 2011 I delivered a healthy baby girl.
On New Years Day I found out I was prego with baby 2. I've had multiple dr appointments to rule out ectopic and confirm viability. I had an u/s at 6 weeks and there was a gestational and yolk sac too little to see baby. Last Friday I had my 7 week u/s and there was no fetus. Dr said most likely a mc but I have another u/s this Friday to confirm. Since Fruday evening Ive gonefrom a pinkish discharge that would come and go to a red discharge that started on Saturday night and stopped Sunday afternoon. Monday afternoon I started seeing red when I wiped but it was kind of watery and by Tuesday morning it had turned into a brownish discharge. Tuesday afternoon it turned back to red and was getting thicker like a period but still only when I wiped and starting Wednesday morning it started to taper off. Now I am back to this redish mucas when I wipe and theres not much. Also today I passed some kind of tissue that was partly round with a long thin tail looking thing. I aas trying to inspect it when the automatic toiket flushed. Other than he tissue being a little bloody there wasnt really any blood with it.
Im sorry this is so long but Im so confused with whats happening to my body. Its so frustrating. Everytime I think the miscarriage is starting, I prepare self for the emotional and physical pain, but then it slows down. I thought when a mc started it quivkly built up to lots of cramps, bleeding clots, etc. This has been going on for almost a week and I havent even had enough to leave behind on a pad. Ive tried to ask the doctor but they just said to call back if Im filling a pad an hour.
Has this happened to anyone else who has has a natural mc?

Re: Need advice from women who've miscarried naturally tmi

• Sorry for all of the typos. I am on my phone.
  • In my experience I spotted pink and brown for about a week and then one night got full blown period bleeding. If I understand correctly, you have an appointment tomorrow? I would just explain this all to the doc. An ultrasound and blood work are the only ways to confirm if you are not having full on bleeding.

I am so sorry for your losses, and fx it's not happening again.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for sharing your experience and sorry for your loss as well.
    I would love to post tomorrow that everything is fine but I know the bleeding and o baby at 7 weeks strongly points to a mc. Its just been so frustrating the way its been going. Everything Ive read online makes it seem like the bleeding starts and shortly after its full on period. So thanks for sharing your story because it makes all of this make more sense.
  • For me it started two weeks before I spotted with loss of pregnancy symptoms. You always hear that this is normal and dont borrow trouble... Obviously the outcome would have been the same but I wish I would have listened to my gut. Anyways I started very very mild cramping and what I thought was a little brown when I wiped. The next day still cramping with more obvious brown. The third day it was red when I wiped but not needing a nap. Day 4 light period like bleeding. Day 5 heavy bleeding with clots. Day 6 normal period like bleeding with taper to mild bleeding with no clots. Day 7 morning was light period light bleeding with heavy cramping with the passing of the sac.

Sorry you are going through this. Hope my story helps.

BFP #1 4/6/09; EDD 12/6/09; miscarriage 4/10/09..............BFP #2 5/3/09; DD born 1/9/10........BFP #3 12/15/12, EDD 8/31/13; baby stopped growing at 5w3d; natural miscarriage..........BFP #4 2/8/13, EDD 10/20/13; missed miscarriage discovered 9w2d; d/c.......BFP #5 10/22/13, EDD 7/8/13; miscarriage 10/28/13..... BFP #6 11/19/13; DS born 7/29/14 {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Sorry you're going through this. 

Unfortunately sometimes the body doesn't manage on it's own, or it does but it happens over a long period of time. And sometimes the body breaks down and reabsorbs some of the tissue, so there's just not that much to pass.

Once you confirm with the doc tomorrow you can request Cytotec to speed things up if there is tissue remaining to pass. It's about 85% effective and usually takes care of everything within a day. I used it and the total physical miscarriage took about 6.5 hours from taking the medicine until everything was done. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Thank you ladies for sharong your stories. The information is helpful, and I am sorry you have had to go through. I am hoping tomorrow can give me a definitive answer so I can request the Cytotec. I prefer not to do the DC because I dont want to add any extra scar tissue than I need to. I am just ready to move on and put this part of my life behind me.
    Thanks again.
  • Food for thought, if you have a D&C there is the chance to save tissue for genetic testing.  You could get some answers as to why it happened this time and maybe why its happening at all.  I didn't have a D&C but got lucky and collected the tissue when it passed and my doc could still do the testing.  Not sure what you plans were but that is one thing to think about in a natural m/c vs. D&C.

imageimage

• imageBabyHughesMomma:
    Also today I passed some kind of tissue that was partly round with a long thin tail looking thing. I aas trying to inspect it when the automatic toiket flushed. Other than he tissue being a little bloody there wasnt really any blood with it.

So sorry for your loss. 

It sounds like you passed the egg sac. My natural m/c was almost two week process that started slow, ramped up to passing the sac a week in, and then trickled off. (I was 7.5 wks) I didn't bleed any more severely than during a regular period, and the only time I had severe cramps was the morning that I passed the sac. I would let your OB know about the tissue that you passed.  

Hope this helps. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"