2nd Trimester

pain

I am guessing I am having round ligament pain ...possibly? I have seen other posts but unsure if it should be this painful.  Hurts when I get up from a chair or after I pee.  I have tried to get up slower but sometimes I still get the pain.  It is pretty intense and lasts for ~ 4-5 min and may linger a little longer.  After I went to the bathroom (no straining)  it was so intense I had to sit down.  Normal?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: pain

• Yes, it RLP can be very uncomfortable. I'm sorry!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I've never had it, but from the other posts I've read RLP can be very painful. Hope it gets better!!

Me and Zech

• Loading the player...
  • Yep, especially if it's one side or the other, mine is usually right above where my thigh meets my torso.  I get it when I sneeze or cough or move too quickly sometimes.  Sucks, and usually stops me dead for a couple minutes.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• I had this problem yesterday and yup it's RLP. When I got home I drank so much water (at least 50oz) and I felt better afterwards. Try drinking water and stretch your knees to your abdomen. It worked for me after a while and today I haven't had any problems. Yes
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • RLP is not fun at all. I get it all the time. Any time I move suddenly, sneeze, cough, laugh too much, it hurts a lot. It feels kind of like the bottom two ab muscles are being pulled out of my body. The best thing I have found for this is taking it easy for a few minutes and actually gently pressing on the muscle where it hurts. I have taken to "bracing" my stomach when I am about to cough or sneeze, it helps prevent the pain from happening. If it is bad enough I will break out a warm (not hot) heating pad.

Good luck with it. If you are truly concerned I would call the doctor. I mentioned it to mine and their reaction was "yeah, that stinks, but that is normal."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"