Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Molar pregnancy?

Does anyone here have any experience/knowledge about a molar pregnancy or a partial molar pregnancy?

I am sure some of you have noticed, I've been obsessing about my hCG levels because they seem so much higher than everyone else's within similar loss timeframes as me. My hCG level when the loss was discovered was just under 95,000 -- but had presumably been higher, since the baby stopped growing several weeks earlier.

At my post-m/c follow up appt today, my doctor mentioned the possibility of a molar pregnancy. She said that a "normal" (whatever that means) hCG level for my situation would be around 10,000 at most. I had kind of written off the molar pregnancy thing because I hadn't displayed any of the other symptoms. But now I am kind of panicking.

This is going to be way TMI, so if reading about m/c details is too traumatizing for you, I'd stop reading & skip to the next paragraph. I caught the gestational sac when I passed it in my hand. That will probably scar me for life. But I was able to bring it today so they will be testing it to see if it was molar.

It's probably going to be a week or so until I hear back, but right now I am silently freaking the f*ck out.

ETA: I have done a lot of research about it, so at this point I'm more curious if anyone has ever experienced this or knows someone who has.

Re: Molar pregnancy?

• I am sorry you are having to silently freak the f*ck out!  I do not know much about molar pregnancies but have my FX for you that you get answers from the testing.  The kind of chromosomal disorder our baby had is considered to be a form of partial molar pregnancy.  I have done zero research on molar pregnancies though.  I am interested to see what information you get in response. Between here and TTCAL I am sure someone will know.  I am sure you have seen these charts but look what they consider the "normal" range.

7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml

9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml

Could your levels still be normal maybe?  Try not to stress too much, so sorry!

imageimage

• Yes, I am aware of that chart from americanpregnancy.org -- but that chart is for a normally progressing pregnancy, so unfortunately is not relevant.

Did your doctor give you any instructions for how to move forward? Are you going to TTC again?

• Loading the player...
  • He said that we could TTC again after my first AF.  He did not seem to be concerned about the fact that it was a partial.

imageimage

• Oh Peanut, I don't know anything about molar pregnancies but I sure hope you can figure out soon what's going on!  ((hugs))

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• imagepeanutmuse:
    Yes, I am aware of that chart from americanpregnancy.org but that chart is for a normally progressing pregnancy, so unfortunately is not relevant.Did your doctor give you any instructions for how to move forward? Are you going to TTC again?

Has your doc given you any advise? It seems like there are a lot of symptoms that should go with a molar pregnancy, hoping its a good sign you don't have any!

imageimage

• imagesmscartozzi:

Has your doc given you any advise? It seems like there are a lot of symptoms that should go with a molar pregnancy, hoping its a good sign you don't have any!

She's having the tissue examined & we're monitoring my hcg levels and touching base in a few weeks. She said she normally advises to wait after one cycle, but to wait & see what happens. Besides, with my really high levels (even if it's not a molar pregnancy), it's going to take a while for them to get back down to zero. Bummer. 

• imagepeanut+muse:

imagesmscartozzi:

She's having the tissue examined & we're monitoring my hcg levels and touching base in a few weeks. She said she normally advises to wait after one cycle, but to wait & see what happens. Besides, with my really high levels (even if it's not a molar pregnancy), it's going to take a while for them to get back down to zero. Bummer. 

Waiting is the worst part!  We wait because getting a BFP took so long, we wait until the first u/s, we wait to have D&C or miscarriage, we wait to find out why and then wait to TTC again.  I am so over all the waiting, as I am sure you are too!

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"