August 2012 Moms

Feeding issues

Ok I just need to let this out because I am out of ideas. Aiden has decided eating is lame and he isn't going to have any part in it anymore. I am about to lose my mind. 13 ozs so far today, and it is 3:45 here. Usually by now he has had about 24. Ugggh. I dunno what to do. We have been fighting for feedings for almost a week now and I am about to lose it. He has also decided sleep in general is lame. Went from sleeping about 14 hours in a 24 hour period to now about 10 in just a few days. I thought naps dropping off was more gradual. I am just irritated, don't mind me I just needed to get it out. Any feeding ideas would be taken as well. We have been trying to feed in his room in the dark with least distraction which doesn't help. He doesn't eat at night either. Boooooo. Rant over. If you need to comisserate join me.
imageimage

Re: Feeding issues

• W go through this every few weeks. I called the doctor last month on day 3 of her hunger strike. They told me to give give it a few days, but as long as the wet diaper output was normal not to worry too much. I have found that laying her head on a pillow on the floor or bed and feeding her that way helps, instead of holding her. I guess that would be difficult if you're breastfeeding, but I assumed you aren't as you mentioned ounces.She has always been a persnickety eater.
  • Is he crying when he's refusing to eat and sleep?  Cause it sounds to me like it might be teething related.  Have you tried to give him some motrin and then feed him?  Or maybe the hylands teething tablets?

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"