May 2013 Moms

NBR vent about college

Dear FAFSA- I HATE YOU 

I've been trying to start classes since January 7th to finish my BA. I need to finish my BA in order to be eligible for my next promotion, which my boss has already said is mine the day I graduate. First I was selected for financial aid verification and now the verification has been rejected for 4 different reasons that I have NO CLUE how to effing fix. I'm sure it's my hormones but I seriously just want to go home and sit on my sofa and cry about it. 

Classes are supposed to start Monday so I guess I'll be putting it off for another month since there's no way I'll be able to get this resolved in 1 business day. When I went to school out of High School I had financial aid issues as well, the entire time I was there was a nightmare and the first year I ended up paying partial tuition out of pocket. As an 18 year old fresh out of High School with nothing but a part time job that was hard enough. I thought I'd finally be at a point where I could take the federal aid available and finish this up the right way. WRONG.

UGH. Okay, vent over, I just needed to get that out... 

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker

Re: NBR vent about college

• Sorry you're going through that, the FAFSA does suck! I can somewhat relate, DH is finishing up his degree, but for the last year, we haven't qualified for any financial aid because we got married and I apparently "make too much" to qualify for federal aid. We only learned about that since we were also "selected" for financial aid verification and unfortunately there was nothing we can do so we are paying out of pocket every semester.

Can you qualify for non-financial aid instead so you can finish up your classes? When I was in college, that's what I needed to do in order to get any aid for school. 

• imagecrazycoffeegirl:

Sorry you're going through that, the FAFSA does suck! I can somewhat relate, DH is finishing up his degree, but for the last year, we haven't qualified for any financial aid because we got married and I apparently "make too much" to qualify for federal aid. We only learned about that since we were also "selected" for financial aid verification and unfortunately there was nothing we can do so we are paying out of pocket every semester.

Can you qualify for non-financial aid instead so you can finish up your classes? When I was in college, that's what I needed to do in order to get any aid for school. 

I'm not really sure I haven't looked into any other options since I was expecting my FAFSA to go through pretty seamlessly. It's funny how "random" the verification process is isn't it?  

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would suggest going to the financial aid office of your college and see if they can help you with what you need for vertification. They should be able to tell you and should help you fill it out.

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"