3rd Trimester

Online baby journal/how to keep family updated?

Is anyone doing (or has done for other kids) an online journal/blog/etc type thing to keep long distance family up to date with the baby? I don't want to post a million 'look at how cute my baby is' type posts on facebook but I want to do that somewhere else :-) 

I was thinking of starting a blog on blogger, but then I found kidmondo.com and tweekaboo. And they all have good and bad things about them... I think I like kidmondo because of keeping track of growth, but I'm not sure how easy it will be for non internet savy people (like my Grandma) to navigate. 

Does anyone have any experience with these or recommendations for a different site?  

Re: Online baby journal/how to keep family updated?

• I keep a blog on Wordpress (that I sort of suck at updating, especially now, hah).
  • I had a Blogger for DS and was relatively good about updating when I was pregnant, but once I had him, it was more of a pain in the butt to update and add pictures there.

You could always just have a blog and give the direct link to family/friends that want to be updated and have the new stats at the beginning of each post--- that's usually what I see done. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My sisters and best friend both want a way to get updates on my pregnancy and a ton of pictures of the baby, but I don't want to be that person that floods Facebook with babybabybabyohbabyguesswhatmorebaby so I do keep a blog and send them a heads up when I post. It works well enough, and I don't have friends submitting me to STFU Parents. :P

I blog over at Blogspot (which I believe is pretty much the same as blogger?) and it's really user friendly. I really love it so far. 

• I have a blogger that I update almost daily.  I like that I can control who has  access to it since I don't want it available for the whole Internet.  For my parents who I know wouldn't frequent a blog I have it auto email them each post as it's published so they get all the stories and pictures when I post them.  I also like that there's an app for my phone so I can post pictures I take with my phone easily and can share little anecdotes without my computer.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yes, because both our families are far away, and they LOVE keeping up to date on baby (and our family). I have had a blog for a long time, so it was inevitable that each pregnancy had one, too :) My first pregnancy I used blogger, and this time around I am using wordpress. Both are great!

https://www.carrienelson.com/baby

https://www.carrienelson.com/baby2

:)

carrie ~ me-at-carrie.cc ~ 4/21/2007
    * blog * first baby blog * baby 2.0 blog * twitter *

IMG_0578

• Thanks to you all for the tips!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"