Cloth Diapering

Swim diaper

Can anyone recommend a cloth swim diaper for a 2 month EBF baby? The reviews I read online for some said that they only work if your baby has solid poops...I might just use disposables since we won't be going that often. 

Re: Swim diaper

• You will pay about the same amount for a pack of disposables for 1 reusable swim diaper that you could use again and again.   I've heard good reviews about Applecheeks swim diaper or using a Grovia shell (with no insert) as a swim diaper.  I haven't tried any yet though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We've been using this one since our DD was about 3 months old, and she's EBF:

http://www.myswimbaby.com/my-swim-baby-swim-diapers.html

She hasn't pooed in her diaper yet, so I don't know. But it's got a great fit. 

imageimageimage
    TTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •     
  • My only advice is to get one that snaps at both legs. We had an iplay one that only snapped on one leg and pulled up on the other. Fabulous, unless she pooped. One big poop and we had a giant mess taking it off and had to leave so she could have a bath!

We use a well fitting cover that is inexpensive enough that I won't be devastated it if delaminates in the pool and then becomes a forever-swim diaper. (I use a flip cover, prob wouldnt fit a newborn though)

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image CarlaAndJames:

My only advice is to get one that snaps at both legs. We had an iplay one that only snapped on one leg and pulled up on the other. Fabulous, unless she pooped. One big poop and we had a giant mess taking it off and had to leave so she could have a bath!

We use a well fitting cover that is inexpensive enough that I won't be devastated it if delaminates in the pool and then becomes a forever-swim diaper. (I use a flip cover, prob wouldnt fit a newborn though)

An empty Flip cover would be too big on a newborn for sure.  They're baggy on my 12 pound 2 month old with the inserts/prefolds inside.

•     
  • I would recommend a bummis swim diaper. The small just started fitting my EBF 6.5 week old. She's just under 10lbs. They have cute prints :)
  • I love our iPlay swim diaper. I didn't start using it until we started swimming lessons at 15 months though, so the snaps on only one side were never an issue.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  •     
  • When DD way young we used an unstuffed happyheinies mini and then switched to a normal happyheinie when she got big. She was EBF and we've only ever had one poop in the pool with no leak.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards