Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

My little escape artist!

So my DS is usually an awesome nighttime sleeper. We swaddle him, put him down and he is out for the night. The other night he woke me up in the middle of the night babbling. I looked in the PnP and he had both arms over his head and was flailing around. He had somehow broken out of his Miracle Blanket. The same thing happened the next night. We decided to go back to the SwaddleMe last night.

At 1:30 this morning I woke up to the sound of him fussing/babbling. He had managed to get one hand out of the top of the swaddle and had his fingers in his mouth. I put his arm back to his side and he went back to sleep. At some point in the night, he woke me up again. This time it was the other hand!

Does anyone have any ideas for something else we can use besides the Miracle Blanket or SwaddleMe? If his arms are left out, he wakes himself up every time and can't go back to sleep. If he can get his hands in his mouth, he just babbles and sucks on his hands and doesn't fall asleep.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My little escape artist!

• Options
    Honestly, I just bought a square-ish blanket and do the swaddles nice and tight. My LO cannot get her hands out at all, so at night we do pretty well. Down, up, down, up method on HBOTB works really well. You cust want to make sure it's crazy snug, and not only on the arms, not on the hips as much.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options

We've tried swaddling with a blanket, but we can't seem to get it tight enough. He always breaks out almost immediately! We have a sleepsack, but it is not the one that has the wrap. It has holes for the arms. If we can't figure something out, we may end up having to stop swaddling. I am dreading it because right now he sleeps from about 9:30 at night until 6:30 in the morning when he is swaddled.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

There's a Youtube vidoe of a guy Swaddling his son(?)  He uses a linger blanket to pin his arms at his side and then wraps him in a blanket.  I was really impressed because the only way he could get out of it was if you wrapped it to loosly, or you didn't pull the blanket to wrap his arms all the way up to his armpits, that way he cant' bend his elbows to get out.

• Options
    The Woombie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

imagesschwege:
    The Woombie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I was considering. We have a cheaper version that worked pretty well, but he has grown out of it. I am hesitant to spend the money on it and him still be able to get his hands out the top of it.

I have seen the video on YouTube, but that is basically what the Miracle Blanket does. We tried it, but we can't get the outside blanket tight enough to contain this little dude!

• Options
    I've used a large Aden and Anais muslin blanket. Look for online tutorials.... There are a few that show you how to swaddle through the legs which prevents them from busting their arms out. : baby straight jacket!
    ~~Kelly~~ Mommy to Aiden 6/2007 and Lilah 2/2010 www.kellybeans.wordpress.com BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

My LO, aka Houdini, got out of everything....then I found "super swaddle" on YouTube...LIFESAVER!!!  

You basically swaddle their arms down first, then do the actual swaddle. My sweet girl LOVES it!  

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"