Cloth Diapering
Options

Easy prepping ? (plus Intro)

I am a long time lurker and am excited to say I am nearly finished creating my stash.  I am close enough to my due date that I am thinking about starting to prep and I have 1 simple question:

For the natural fibers that need to be washed more than once to increase absorbancy - is that washed AND dried multiple times? I know I should put them in the dryer at least once to seal the PUL, but should I be drying (either line or in the dryer) before each extra wash as well?  I am assuming this to be the case, but wanted to double check.

I have another question about wash routines but I will put that under another post.

Thanks ladies!

DD #1: March 20, 2013
DD # 2: May 2, 2015
EDD #3: March 4, 2018

Re: Easy prepping ? (plus Intro)

• Options

Based on your PUL comment, I'm assuming you're asking about AIOs that have natural fibers. 

For AIOs I would wash once on hot with detergent,followed by two cold rinses.  Then dry on medium heat in dryer.  After that I'd just line dry to protect your PUL.  I'm impatient so I'd probaby only fully dry every other wash while prepping.  The worst that's going to happen is your diaps won't be at full absorbency the first time you use them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options

Before drying, check the manufacturer recommendations. For example, grovia NB AIO can be put in the dryer, but grovia shells are line dry only because of the lining and the manufacturer says specifically that they do not need to be sealed.

As for your question, I found mixed opinions on the wash/dry for natural fibres, so I did wash/dry for 3 cycles, then a couple more washes, then washed with my other diapers and did a final dry. Everything worked out with no absorbency or repelling issues. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the tips ladies!

DD #1: March 20, 2013
    DD # 2: May 2, 2015
    EDD #3: March 4, 2018

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"